The Genie Thread! All DLR Info Here

@Jeff_AZ Thanks, this is great.

2 Likes

December 8th

3 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m not going back for a bit, but I canā€™t believe I missed that!

2 Likes

You missed it just today! We discussed in another thread in the Disneyland topic.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how Disney is communicating this to people already there? I would have been there this week. Even as a hyper parks fan I wouldā€™ve had no way to know. I get they were going to implement it at some point, but itā€™s less than 48 hours notice.

3 Likes

Good question. I donā€™t think they have even rolled out the updated Disneyland app yet. Hopefully the current version will have some sort of ā€œupdate availableā€ pop-up when itā€™s ready. Although guests on site would then need to rely on DL wifi to install it.

4 Likes

I canā€™t use my own data??

2 Likes

I can try and be your test dummy if I go Friday as planned. However, my NZ kiwi bro is last minute joining me on this trip and there are no park rezzies so I may forgo to spend time with the fam instead. We shall see.

Iā€™ll also try and keep stalking for any drops and maybe I can snatch him one up. He wants to go with me.

4 Likes

I think he just means some guests wonā€™t want to use cellular to download the app.

3 Likes

I will be purchasing this on Saturday and will report back. Im still calling it Maxpass :rofl: I would buy it before only for my account and just for the photos. Maybe once or twice I would get a GotG fp for my daughter. I just figure if PP is $20 and this is $20 might as well get this :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks, Jeff! You are always so kind to get all the information in one place. I really donā€™t know how you manage all this with 4 young children! I admire your dedication and energy.

7 Likes

IMHO - This will go smoother at DLR because of that parkā€™s history with MaxPass. It functions very similarly and priced the same.

4 Likes

Thanks! The way I do it is I get bored at work. :joy: My job is very haphazard - super busy sometimes and dead others. The life of an accountant.

7 Likes

The dreaded words: month end, quarter end, year end.

5 Likes

A chill just went down my spine. :rofl:

5 Likes

This wife of an accountant also experienced that same chill. Especially with year end looming soon.

5 Likes

Any thoughts on how this will impact rope drop behavior at DL? For me, if I have G+ I remove Space, IJ, and HM from my rope drop choices. So that leaves Fantasyland, JC/POTC, or ROTR.

Similarly, DCA rope drop is effectively narrowed to either RSR or WEB. Then pay for the other one and use LL for basically everything else that sees significant waits.

4 Likes

I think the same rides will be RD targets because most guests will probably not be buying Genie+. But you might get a slight increase in non-LL rides like JC/POTC, etc. But not much, IMO.

4 Likes

Didnā€™t many use the MaxPass? I was thinking a lot would at least do that portion (even if not paying for ILL rides) so I was thinking that the standby lines would be increasing.

2 Likes