The Force Family Strikes Back: A Trip Report

And Dog Man! DS is obsessed with Dav Pilkey :rofl:

4 Likes

He has read those and he loved it! Right now he is on a MineCraft kick and is reading books in that genre as well. He has paused Harry Potter after starting book 3 (my favorite) to my dismay. Hopefully he gets back on track! :joy:

6 Likes

Ok we’re pulling away from the gate. Astute readers will note we switched seating arrangements due to the whims of little DD2. See y’all on the other side!

32 Likes

HP does tend to get a bit dark after book 3. It might be a good idea to let a year go between books.
Safe flight!

6 Likes

Little DD2 gets what Little DD2 wants or else she throws that pout and we all disown you :wink:

13 Likes

Yes. Homeland changed this in 2013 - maybe they changed it back.

I always carry a small Swiss cuz tweezers, screw driver, nail file, tooth pick.

We were flying in November 2013 and I had a low quality small faux Swiss with me. TSA at Kansas City took my knife. I politely pointed out that Homeland’s website said the small knives were ok. He politely replied that KC TSA and [whatever] Airline did not say they were ok. He did ask if I wanted it mailed to me. I said nope, it’s yours.

St Louis currently doesn’t allow knives but my sister and her daughter, who work retail, don’t have small knives among the many that weigh down their purses.

3 Likes

Maybe don’t name a kid Kevin . . .

:grin:

3 Likes

For us it was Hank the Cowdog series.

5 Likes

It’s weird how different TSAs are different. We flew TO Denver with collapsible hiking poles in our carryons just fine, but they took them from us when we were flying home. :frowning:

2 Likes

Y’all are both rockstars and will handle it with ease!

We did our 1st family trip in 2018 with our just turned 4 year old triplets and our 23 month old. You got this!

7 Likes

TSA should be consistent or it belies its illusion of security

6 Likes

:confounded:

So sorry.

2 Likes

My favorite too! HP4 is a step up in difficulty and wizarding politics.

DS is 9, right? My DD(almost)9 just started some of the Rick Riordian books. DS13 loved everything everyone has listed already. He’s my reader.

3 Likes

I loved the Percy Jackson books! DD21 was really into Diary of a Wimpy Kid. She only read a couple of the HP books (maybe 3 or 4), and the first Percy Jackson. I read them all! She then moved on to Twilight and Hunger Games. :joy: But sadly, neither of my girls is really into reading that much.

6 Likes

We landed in Orlando! Woot woot! All flights on time today, or even a little early. I watched In the Heights. Great movie! Probably a better play though.

I loved my view during the flight:

34 Likes

OMG that little FACE!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Are you taking ME? I just got dropped off and am milling about waiting for my flight.

2 Likes

Yes we are heading down to DME after we get our bags.

4 Likes

I might explode from seeing the cuteness in person!

8 Likes

Have an awesome time! Your kids are so seriously adorable! And Harry Potter book 3 is the one that took me from “oh I guess I get why everyone likes HP” to “HP obsessive super fan” :smiley:

3 Likes