The Force Family Strikes Back: A Trip Report

I feel like I remember this, too, from when I first started lurking. Something along the lines of “always does laundry on vacation”.

4 Likes

Wanna know what I spent on food for our vacation? Well here it is.

100% the best value here is Steakhouse 71. I can’t believe how inexpensive it was since it was easily the best meal.

Worst value was Pinocchio Village Haus (:rofl:), but seriously 'Ohana. It was good, but not $300 good.

McDonald’s and Sunshine seasons were cheap - you can’t complain about that.

RFC and Olivia’s were right on target. A little more than I’d pay for a similar meal at home, but acceptable.

Space 220 was worth it only because of the space elevator experience, trading cards, space station view, etc. I would not have paid that much for the food, as good as it was. Prix fixe is a scam for families like mine.

19 Likes

I’m all for spreadsheets but this is one area I choose to ignore after our trips :rofl:

5 Likes

^same! And I do love a spreadsheet.

4 Likes

Her title use to say something like “claims to regularly do laundry on vacation”. I am not a stalker or anything, but I have a wicked memory and @OBNurseNH was the first person to ever talk to me on here so she made an impression.

9 Likes

Crazy that we all remember and she doesn’t.

4 Likes

And you didn’t run away screaming??

2 Likes

Oh good grief no! You were so sweet when someone was being not so nice. If anything, your kindness made me stick around!

8 Likes

Well that makes me so happy to hear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m glad you stayed :relaxed::relaxed:

6 Likes

Touring Plans agrees! :rofl:

14 Likes

Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction! :rofl:

7 Likes

I sent that tweet to my son today!

3 Likes

I’m in the minority, but I’ve had decent meals there. It’s a flatbread, not a gourmet meal. My DS12 is very limited and what he eats and he’s been ok with the flatbread and garlic knots. Seems like DD18 and I split something when we were there in November 2020. Don’t remember what it was…so not a memorable meal but choices were limited.

2 Likes

@drvillarejos

Have been twice that time of year. First time water was great, but the cool breeze in the evening made it chilly sometimes.

Second time pools were closed half the week due to temps dropping down to 40s. We did swim at the end of the week, and it was tolerable but chilly with the overcast sky & breeze.

Hoping for warmer temps this year!

2 Likes

Thanks for the lively Trip report. Definitely can relate to a lot (our 3 are 7,5,2). I’m so glad you had a great trip!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I totally meant lovely, although lively fits too I suppose. Anything with 4 kids is lively :rofl:

2 Likes

Both definitely apply to my kids! :rofl:

3 Likes

I recently got around to posting a slideshow video of our epic trip in May/June 2021. Well I enjoyed the process so much that I made one for our October 2021 trip that was just my family (no aunts / uncles). I will be working on one for my Disneyland trip this year next!

https://youtu.be/xLQH9j79kM0

6 Likes

What a treasure for your family’s memories! Thank you for sharing! The kids, so adorable and growing up fast! :cry:

4 Likes