The Force Family Strikes Back: A Trip Report

DS and I had a great time at Space Mountain! I swear the right side is bumpier than the left (which is the side we had last time I was here). Batterhorn East indeed. (Actually, I’d say worse than Matterhorn.) DW took the girls to the Laugh Floor.

22 Likes

I agree that the right side is worse than the left. And I seem to almost always get the right side. Having ridden both recently, I can tell you I came off with a substantial bruise on my arm from the Matterhorn. But Batterhorn East definitely felt more whiplash-ey. I just love SM West and how smooth it is! :joy:

5 Likes

@JustKeepSmiling I saw these cast members and couldn’t help but wonder if they knew your daughter!

10 Likes

Dumbo, Ariel, Teacups, and now Carousel.

My weather app is telling me we will just miss these two storm cells as they pass us by on either side. :crossed_fingers:t3:

19 Likes

Where are your ponchos? THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

5 Likes

Meant to include this screenshot.

2 Likes

I have my poncho on my person! I’m watching the app like a hawk in case we need to break them out.

4 Likes

You have them for the others or are you going to Mother Ginger them?

4 Likes

The latter. lol

But if the chance of rain increases I will grab the others. I have them nearby. Not across a River lol.

3 Likes

I LOVE Mother Ginger!

3 Likes

Totally agree. This was our experience as well.

One thing I did have the privilege of experiencing in May was riding in the very very front seat. It didn’t feel as bumpy…but the experience of having no one in front of you made the ride SO much better. I had never ridden in the very front before!

3 Likes

Carousel is a crowd pleaser!

There is just one moon and one golden sun…

We were going to go back to Dumbo because DD7 REALLy wanted to go to the play place to a degree that I couldn’t imagine the first time she asked when she first saw it. The next hour was just her constantly asking to go back and I finally caved. :joy:

But then when we got there, Dumbo was closed. They said there was an “accident.” Not sure if that meant Code V, or someone was hurt, or something mechanical. But the entire attraction was closed. Sad face.

Then suddenly the weather app betrayed me:

We had a mobile order at sleepy hollow and were going to try to see if the Sacred Space happened to be empty for fireworks. But instead we decided to eat inside at Pinocchio Village Haus, even though we knew it sucked.

This pizza is the shittiest. And I like shitty pizza. But not this. And I knew it was going to be bad, but it’s worse than I remembered from years ago the last time I tried it. Why, Disney?!

It’s still not raining as near as I can tell. But it might start any time. Hopefully lightly, if at all.

At least the family is happy! Well, except DD7. :rofl:

17 Likes

What is a “Code V”?

3 Likes

Vomit. I’m told that’s how CMs refer to it.

5 Likes

Still no rain. Here’s the latest.

Looks like we dodged it? (Famous last words? :rofl:)

So kids are all done and want to go back to the resort to swim. So I guess no fireworks. Oh well!

6 Likes

It’s hard bending to the needs/whims of the kids. Sorry for no fireworks, but I hope you enjoy your night swim!

5 Likes

One of my favorite memories from our June trip was swimming in the pool at night. It was a magical moment.

6 Likes

We can see a little as we ride the ferry boat away. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

21 Likes

Those are some happy faces!

4 Likes