The Force Family Strikes Back: A Trip Report

Good question. There is a lot going on in San Fransokyo right now.

10 Likes

Missed this message earlier. Yes I will be posting as much as I can! We’ll see how it goes.

9 Likes

Our pleasure.

2 Likes

Yay! Another trip report that I can fall 500 posts behind on and catch up when you’re back home for 24 hours :rofl:

But really, yay, and may the force be with you!

12 Likes

I have no energy to keep up with you and your family! Enjoy all the precious moments and memories! No in-laws this time?

3 Likes

You must be the fun relative!

4 Likes

Nope! Just us and the kids!

3 Likes
5 Likes

Packed up and ready to load the van for the short trip to the airport!

I can’t believe it’s already 6:30 on the east coast. We’re going to have some serious jet lag this week. :grimacing:

21 Likes

Hurry up! It’s practically lunchtime here :wink:

Safe travels!

5 Likes

What? Do you mean breakfast! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I wish it were 4 AM right now… then I could still be asleep.

Happy flight! You’re almost there!

5 Likes

Awesome, cant wait to follow along again. Glad you will be on a slower pace. This may be needed without the in-laws to help out.

2 Likes

Yay! So happy to follow along!:relaxed: Have a nice flight Home!

1 Like

Have a great trip!

1 Like

Made it through!

DFIL arrived just before 4am to drive us in our minivan to Sky Harbor (the fancy name for the Phoenix airport). Used curbside checkin for the first time since Covid! Hooray! Such a lifesaver when you’re a parent with only so many arms.

Line for security was short and we were assigned to the lane with the new machines where you don’t have to take liquids or laptops out.

My bag was flagged though and they took away my mini Swiss Army knife. I forgot it was in my toiletry bag but I swear I thought there was a size threshold below which it was ok. I’ve had that knife since I was a kid and flown with it dozens of times. Oh well. At least the agent let me keep my tweezers that were one of the knife’s accessories! :joy:

Flight leaves in about an hour. I’m waiting in a huge line at Panera to get chocolate milks for the kids.

21 Likes

I just… y’all are such troopers for taking 4 littles to WDW

6 Likes

I was being funny

3 Likes

Whew. Worried about sleep deprivation and the TR is just starting :laughing:

2 Likes

First meal of the trip was a bust for me. I don’t know what I was thinking getting something as sweet as a cinnamon roll at 5am. My stomach doesn’t like food until 8am at least. Would have been better microwaved. My wife loved the Danish though. Girls are all happy. DS is reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid (he is an avid reader!).

31 Likes