The Enabled Trip Report

What is this??

If you’re staying at select resorts, and are willing to do a 30-minute DVC orientation, they’ll give you a $200 gift card. I got mine about an hour later, and it was closer to an hour but only because the conversation was fun and easy.

I know that a lot of timeshare pitches are very heavy handed, but DVC really just sells a good and compelling product, without a lot of pressure.

8 Likes

I decided, having spent time chugging pepto for a bit, to risk heading to Magic Kingdom. It’s been a delight.

PeopleMover, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Pirates, Jungle Cruise… and then I was, at last, hungry for real food, something that wasn’t pink or yogurt.

The walk-up waitlist for Skipper Canteen was 10 minutes, so I’m indulging in some delicious food punctuated with punny laughs.

That’s the ever-special Brazilian cheese bread and the Char Siu. Hopefully it doesn’t attempt to escape through my bowel at Mach 3. :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Oh, and I forgot to mention Tron. I snagged a VQ for it when I arrived… at 2:20pm. This was my first time seeing it open for more than a few seconds at 1pm. I don’t know if it’ll get called before I have to head back to the hotel to get my bags and head to the airport. Group 147.

3 Likes

There are some days when the 1pm VQ runs out pretty fast but others it can last for hours. You can see in this history that on some days in the past it has even continued beyond the 6pm VQ! One day the VQ was open from 1pm to midnight without interruption.

5 Likes

Ok, I just spent 10 minutes ugly crying in Adventureland, with my head hung so my hat would hide what was going on.

My skipper for the meal, Robert, was great. Very funny, the puns came faster than I could catch them, which was basically ideal. During the meal we chatted a bit, and he asked about my Loungefly, if I was just an Encanto fan or what.

So I told him the story: I always loved Luisa, but when cancer hit last year she was like a focus for strength. When Beth and I did our trip in January, she pointed out the Luisa bag and I started to cry, and figured that was a sign that I’d found something important.

Robert and I joked a bit, and the meal continued. When he brought the bill a few minutes later, he had a bag. “This is for you,” he said. Inside were these.

He said now that the cancer is gone, no worries! I told him he was going to make me cry again and he said “ah, lean into it.”

I held it together until I was outside but then it just came out of me. I’m sure someone was like “that’s a dude that just got broke up with.” :joy:

This was the absolute perfect way to end my day, and I’m going to be crying on and off for the rest of the week. A perfect magical moment, I don’t even think he understands how deeply I was affected.

Now I’m crying on the bus to Riverside as I type this, and the people in front of me are speculating quietly about what’s going on. :joy: I’m about to tell them.

29 Likes

Pure magic.

Please do.

6 Likes

:blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Moments like this remind me how mad I am that they stripped cast compliments down to bare bones. A cast compliment is still great, but things like this you want to dive into why that cast member is so incredible and shout it from the rooftops.

But I digress… that’s a really beautiful moment. 🩷

P.S., that’s a really bold meal for a man that’s been sipping on Pepto all day. I wish you and your insides all the best.

13 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: Wow! Disney magic at it’s finest. And why we all love this place so much. :people_hugging: :people_hugging: :people_hugging:

But also …

:flushed: :joy:

8 Likes

I’m nothing if not committed to food. :joy::crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Also, did we see a picture of the bag? :thinking: Luisa is such a relatable character! And she has an awesome song.

3 Likes

What a beautiful story. I’m so glad you had such a magical end to your trip :heart:

Here’s to hoping the magic continues and your stomach is all good!

4 Likes

I kept forgetting to post it.

16 Likes

I love it! I went back through the report and I could see the straps! But that was it. Thanks for showing it to us!

4 Likes

I have almost bought that so many times but I really am trying to control my Loungefly addiction :joy:

6 Likes

What a great cast member and a beautiful way to end your day :sob: That was just so kind of him.

And your bag is beautiful.

3 Likes

Omg that story is beautiful and you are a brave, brave person, Mr. Pepto

4 Likes

I learned that from Luisa! :muscle:

6 Likes

So glad you decided to brave MK with your iffy tum-tum. What a special interaction you had with CM Robert.

Safe travels home!

5 Likes