The Enabled Trip Report

Everyone told me Riverside is amazing. I didn’t understand, friends. I didn’t understand. Hot damn this is a gorgeous resort. Got checked in, and I’m currently on the bus to Hollywood Studios.

Stacking is going pretty well, I’ve got SDD, ToT, and MMRR already booked. And my next selection is in 3 minutes. I need food, badly, so that’s P1 when I get to Hollywood Studios.

16 Likes

Riverside is my overall favorite themed resort! It’s so so gorgeous. I could walk around all day.

1 Like

Well, it’s been a full day. One of the side effects of the mad skills that Liners have is that I kinda feel like I’m running running running when what I want to do is slow down. I’ve bagged the headliners already, I’m currently at Indy for some downtime and shade, and have a pretty languid evening ahead.

And, my favourite of the hidden Mickeys:

I have two golden tickets that have been very useful so far.

All in all a happy day thus far.

16 Likes

Wait til you see the resort at night. When you catch a carriage along the river under the Spanish moss… :cook::kissing_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Oh my gosh! The plaid pretending to sleep on ToT is perfect. Will you be slowing down and dining at Riverside tonight?

9 Likes

No, the plan is Sci-fi Drive-in for dinner, if I make it.

3 Likes

I’ve decided to plant myself in Galaxy’s Edge for a bit to relax and people watch.

Then, I’m going to investigate some seditious rumours about the Old Outpost, and then head for dinner at 8ish. After that, hit Slinky and Runaway Railway on my way out, and tease you all with a surprise tomorrow.

10 Likes

Yes, it’s Cheerleading Worlds 26-29 at ESPN and I’m pretty sure they’re staying at Coronado and All Star Sports and Music. I’m hoping they won’t all invade the parks after the competition ends because that’s when I arrive!

3 Likes

I think you are teasing us with a surprise now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Who, meeeeeee? :innocent:

4 Likes

Sounds perfect :hearts:

Looks like a great first day!!

3 Likes

This is the way! I love to plant and watch and see what happens. Often quite magical things!

2 Likes

Oh, wow. I didn’t see this when i posted my comment! I guess we are being true to form here. :joy:

Did you know we went on the StarCruiser? :panda_face: :laughing:

5 Likes

Wait. WHAT?!
Why didn’t you say so?!

Hey, kind of related: Olduvai Gorge was a clue on Jeopardy tonight with the correct question being Tanzania, the country it’s located in. I got the answer right because I went to Africa last summer!

5 Likes

I’ll say this about not having cancer: my energy is waaaaaay better than it was when I was here last April. I thought I was just getting old and groggy, and here I am, up at 4am and about to have dinner at 8 like a proper adult. :joy:

I’m so tired. :joy: I have, like, 4 rides I can walk onto after dinner and I might do one. :sleeping:

13 Likes

I would say there’s a really good chance that everything is good about not having cancer

11 Likes

So, mostly yes. :grinning: But it’s so weird. This video explains the strange feelings I’m feeling recently.

6 Likes

:people_hugging:

3 Likes

Was able to finish watching the whole video just now

I’m not surprised that this surprises survivors, because it’s certainly nothing I ever considered. But it makes so much sense. But also, it must be horrible to be experiencing this because talking about it may seem to some people like “On poor me I don’t have cancer anymore” and clearly that’s not the feeling.

My friend who went through treatment for throat cancer this past year - and who is doing physically well thankfully - was saying she still feels like she’s processing the whole last year. And I said that I can imagine that she’ll be processing it all for a very long time

I may share this video with her. It’s really enlightening. Thank you for being vulnerable enough to share.

And I’m sorry if my “everything is better without cancer” sounded lip or insensitive. I promise you that was not my intention.

8 Likes

Oh, no sorry needed! It’s true, everything IS better without cancer. :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes