The Eleventh Time's the Charm (Trip Report 5/29/21-6/5)

Dh and I experienced ITTBAB before kids and he was so unhappy with the crawling bug feeling at the end that he decided the kids would be traumatized by it…so they have never done it. They were 12 and 17 during our last trip in 2018. :upside_down_face:

I am making my almost 20yo do it in October!

8 Likes

29 Likes

20 Likes

Was she walking around in the crowds, or behind a fence/ barrier like Rey usually is? I can’t wait for the characters to be in the crowd again. It gave the area so much energy and life!

3 Likes

GREAT shot of the lions!!!

2 Likes

13 Likes

Glad it wasn’t terror!! I’ve always been too afraid my kids would freak out and we’ve never tried this show.

2 Likes

Oh there was terror. But it was hilarious to me. A little retribution for the angst and frustration the kids have created for me

12 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

I was a full grown adult when I first did ITTBAB - I was so shook by the creepy crawly sensations at the end and I have not done it since. And likely never will again. Ughhhh just thinking about it now…

4 Likes

Dh is not a bug fan. I am generally the one that takes care of the creepy crawlies in the house. He also doesn’t overly like things that fly near him (bugs, birds, etc) so we have also not done the bird show. Both ITTBAB and the show are planned when dd & I visit in October!

3 Likes

I have a deathly fear of the praying mantis. (Stems from a childhood trauma where my 1st grade teacher kept two as pets and didn’t know of mating…tendencies and put them in one tank for one overnight when there was an issue with the other tank). Have never seen ITTBAB. Will never see ITTBAB.

3 Likes

I hate ITTBAB, we skip now.

2 Likes

one and done for me

2 Likes

You don’t enjoy watching terrorised little children scream and shriek?

2 Likes

I don’t enjoy screaming and shrieking myself

I hated every second and spent the rest of the afternoon apologizing to my kids for making them do it. At that time it was the only attraction I had never done. I made them come with so DH could get a break and go on EE

I still apologize when it comes up

5 Likes

I told dd19 today that we will be be doing ITTBAB and the bird show when we are there in October. She is a bit gunshy about ITTBAB and brought up watching a preview of one of the Cars sequels in the theater were it used to be in DCA (just before they demolished it for the new Avengers space)…and the crawling bug feature was still in effect.

She is old enough to suck it up and see it. :butterfly::bug::ant::honeybee::beetle::cricket::spider::mosquito:

4 Likes

My kids love ITTBAB. I just hate typing out the long acronym.

5 Likes

Our family loves the Bugs Theater show :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ve always loved it. Loved it the first time and loved it last Oct

6 Likes