The Eleventh Time's the Charm (Trip Report 5/29/21-6/5)

I got some disposable cameras for the kids to use during the trip. I thought it would be fun to get pics from the kids’ perspectives. But it backfired because DS6 got his camera first and took like 10 pictures of our room before I stopped him. Even thought I had explained there were only 24 pictures, he didnt get it. So, I decided not to give the cameras to DS4 and DD2. DS6 had fun taking pictures, but the trip got so crazy by day 2 I forgot to give him the other cameras to use later. Anyways, we finally got the photos developed and sharing a few of them here.

20 Likes

These are awesome!

Little dude did great getting some shots of (Dutch) SE!! I really like the one with the monorail beam!

4 Likes

Yeah I was pretty mad at myself when we were packing the last day and I saw the other two unused cameras I had forgotten about. Oh well. We have them for another trip.

4 Likes

I love those pictures! You will buy him another one too for the next trip?

3 Likes

I would get this one enlarged and frame it. Perfect picture to inspire a potential future in photography!

11 Likes

He did great with his pics at Epcot. And doesn’t every kid have to snap pics of their stuffed animals?

4 Likes

What a fabulous idea. Love the photos.

4 Likes

This could be an American culture Ph.D. thesis topic: parent priority photos vs photos that child at Disney prioritizes.

8 Likes

That actually sounds like the ideal doctoral program. Where can I sign up?!?!

2 Likes

I love this idea! These turned out great! You should add captions to yourself in the first couple from the room though :joy: your face says it all. (Kid, I TOLD you there were only 24 pics!)

2 Likes

My kid keeps asking for a camera. I think it might be a great surprise for our future trip! Good idea :bulb: :clap:

3 Likes

Try a digital camera…

When my ds was slightly older (about 9yo) I took the kids the the Philadelphia Flower Show (in 2015 they had a Disney theme… totally awesome!). Ds was less than enthusiastic about attending so to make it more fun I dug out an old digital point and shoot camera.

It was a HUGE hit.

The first 10 min or so was a learning curve, but after that he went to town. The digital camera had a view screen, so he could see what he captured and he worked hard, for hours, to document our entire visit.

If you can get your hands on an inexpensive (or old) digital camera, it is an amazing tool to keep young ones engaged and provides a window into their perspectives!!

Ds at 9yo documenting to 2015 Philadelphia Flower Show

8 Likes

I gave DD8 an old phone to use for pictures a few years ago (with everything else cleaned off). The smart phones have such great camera’s it was way better than the digital kids cameras we have tried. I just had her keep the phone on airplane mode. Plus it already had a case which provides pretty good protection and is smaller to slip in a bag. I love the pictures she took of our vacations. Although now she is into taking videos of herself to fill up the memory haha.

3 Likes

I love how retro the pictures look!