The Eleventh Time's the Charm (Trip Report 5/29/21-6/5)

Yes, apparently when she would ride with mom she would sometimes say “daddy, daddy” but when she rode with me she would just say “go home, go home”.

2 Likes

I am hoping 20 years from now you can repeat that story at an extended family gathering and you will smile. Hugs

5 Likes

Sounds like a Tuesday to me! (Which is my sarcastic way of saying I’m sorry you had some rough spots but they are definitely not unique (in the real world or in the bubble) to the extent that provides you any solace.)

Now about those guardrails for the bed….did you bring those with you or did the hotel provide them? The beds are always so high and I’m always terrified the littles will fall out and so I just pile pillows up super high….

6 Likes

I pile up pillows as well, but down the middle of the bed to keep the kids from rolling / crossing the boundary into each other at night! DD4 loves to creep closer and closer to the other side of the bed (I know from experience) and DD7 hates it.

1 Like

Disney provided them, even installed them for us. It was great.

5 Likes

My DS4 is extremely sensory-seeking (hence the pushing, pinching, pulling hair, punching…) and it doesn’t stop when he’s sleeping. Every night, he would be “noodling” his arms under me in his sleep. Quite the shock that first night!

2 Likes

DAY 2: SUNDAY MAY 30th

The Main Hollywood Studios Day

Notes: attractions/meals in left column with notes: RS=rider swap DAS=Disability Access Service (#) running count; specific times are from photo timestamps; A is DS6, C is DS4, L is DD2 (I’m J and DW is R)

Sun May 30
Refilled mug (3) (630ish) Got up around 630, morning routine, tried to get boarding group (BG) for Rise of the Resistance (RotR) at 7:00 but ran into tech glitch, terrible mood, J got coffee at LoF, loaded up strollers, left the room around 7:35ish
7:43 In line for Skyliner, on board at 7:51
8:11 Through security and at taps at Hollywood Studios (HS), inside park at 8:21 walking towards RnRC, L points at the Mickey at the top of the Crossroads statue and starts squealing “Mickey, Mickey”, boogied over to Sunset Blvd
RnRC (2) RS 8:32 On RnRC, A rode twice with J then R using Rider Switch (RS), J got DAS return for ToT during 2nd ride
Tower of Terror DAS 8:52 Walking in queue for ToT, walked past a ton of people (we used DAS), on ride at 8:58, while waiting R got a DAS return for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (MMRR)
Racing Academy 9:18 Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, C cath
MMRR DAS 9:41 Entering queue for MMRR, passed a ton of people (we used DAS), on ride at 9:49
Frozen Sing-a-long 10:09 Waiting to enter theater for Frozen Sing-a-long, entered at 10:16, show started at 10:35ish
10:57 Elsa!
Hollywood & Vine 11:21 Waiting for table at Hollywood & Vine (H&V), C pushed L down and she scraped her knee really bad (bloody!), all week she kept talking about her “boo boo hurting”, seated at 11:30, Mickey 11:49, Minnie 11:52, Pluto 12:03, Goofy 12:05, Mickey 12:42, TiW saved us $39
Refilled mug (4) (1ish) Got DAS return for SDD, tried for ROTR BG again at 1 but got error that we already had one (BG 63, boarding in 15 minutes YAY!), Skyliner back to hotel for naps, C BM, J got powerade drink, rest, CANCELED Oga’s @4:30 :frowning:
3:52 Back at HS, saw Donald/Daisy on balcony at Crossroads, walked to Slinky Dog Dash (SDD)
SDD DAS 4:12 Riding SDD using DAS
4:19 Entering queue for Toy Story Midway Mania (TSMM), except J who went to get DAS return for Millenium Falcon Smuggler’s Run (MFSR), got a Coke in the infamous grenade-shaped bottle (kept as souvenir)
TSMM 4:40 Riding TSMM, walked to Batuu, C cath
MFSR DAS 5:01 Entered MFSR waiting room, and flying at 5:07, but L chickened out so R+L waited outside the cockpit
Droid Depot 5:40 Entered Droid Depot after waiting in line for 20ish minutes, picking parts at 5:45 and building droids at 5:50 (droids were AC’s main souvenirs), walked over to Sci Fi afterwards
Sci Fi 6:32 Seated at Sci Fi after waiting for 20ish minutes
7:47 R+boys enter queue for ROTR using DAS, J+L walk towards Skyliner
ROTR 7:49 ROTR preshow, J+L get Mickey balloon and get cute pictures at the Crossroads Mickey statue
7:56 Entered docking bay with Stormtroopers and TIE, J+L on Skyliner
8:03 ROTR escape sequence
Refilled mug (5) (9ish) C cath, kids all in bed, J got powerade drink

20210530-0923-24IMG_4242

17 Likes

That is the coolest picture of SDD I’ve seen!

4 Likes

Wow, I’m very late to this trip report! I am not sure how I missed it completely but I was away Memorial Day weekend. Love seeing your pictures and I’m very, VERY glad that you were able to make the trip at the very least. Sorry to hear about the rough bits. Kids are HARD! Solidarity as another parent of a sensory seeker. (Though not my C-named one!)

6 Likes

I see there were some rough patches, but there were also some wonderful smiles and great reactions from the kids! I hope the good memories are starting to outweigh the bad as time goes on.

4 Likes

OK, so it’s been 2 week since my last update here. I’m glad that I took notes when I first went through the pictures last month, because I’ve forgotten so many of the details. At this point I don’t think I can add much so I will probably just start dumping my notes/photos. Anyways, here’s Day 3…

DAY 3: MONDAY MAY 31st

2nd HS (backup for ROTR) with some repeats, and an Epcot Evening

Notes: attractions/meals in left column with notes: RS=rider swap DAS=Disability Access Service (#) running count; specific times are from photo timestamps; A is DS6, C is DS4, L is DD2 (I’m J and DW is R)

Mon May 31 Mon May 31
Refilled mug (6) (6:30ish) Got up around 630, morning routine, tried to get boarding group (BG) for Rise of the Resistance (RotR) at 7:00 but failed, J got coffee at LoF, loaded up strollers, left the room around 7:35ish
7:52 On Skyliner
(8:15ish) Entering park, J+A head towards RnRC, others towards TSMM and get DAS for SDD
RnRC (3) 8:25 Entering RnRC studio room, on ride at 8:28
Schoff 8:35 Got Schofferhofer @ Anaheim Produce, RCL at TSMM
TSMM (2) 8:46 Entered queue for TSMM and on ride at 8:54
ASS 9:17 Riding ASS
9:24 Stormtroopers @ Kylo Ren’s TIE, C cath
9:34 Backstage queue for MFSR
10:23 MFSR preshow room
MFSR (2) 10:32 on MFSR
10:43 Kylo Ren @ his TIE
SDD (2) DAS 11:00 J gets Blue Milk while R+boys ride SDD using DAS
Pizzerizzo MO 11:11 Taking photos at Miss Piggy fountain, got DAS return for MMRR, eating at Pizzerizzo
Muppets 3D 12:00 MuppetVision 3D
MMRR (2) DAS 12:32 Riding MMRR, got souvenir pins at gift shop outside exit (A Star Wars, C Cinderella Castle w/ rainbow colors, L Anna/Elsa)
12:47 Pixar cavalcade
Refilled mug (7) (1ish) Skyliner back to hotel for swimming, naps, C BM, J got powerade drink, rest, laundry, R went to giftshop (3:20)
3:55 AoA playground for a few minutes, then Skyliner to Epcot (EP), inside park around 430ish, C cath
4:41 UK Pavilion (Pooh topiaries) and Jammitors at the Canada Mill stage while J gets DAS return for Frozen Ever After (FEA)
Rose & Crown 5:30 Eating at Rose & Crown
6:08 Pictures with the Donald/Daisy topiaries at WS-FW transition
6:15 Pictures with the Elsa/Anna topiaries in Norway
FEA DAS 6:21 Riding FEA, L got Anna doll in the gift shop (her main souvenir)
6:35 Elsa/Anna topiaries w/ L’s Anna
6:51 Walking around west side of FW towards SE, got DAS return for Test Track
Spaceship Earth 7:05 Thanking the Phoenicians
Test Track DAS 7:30 Test Track / FW-WS (Donald/Daisy topiaries eating Dole Whip)
8:04 On Skyliner to AoA, C cath
Refilled mug (8) (9ish) Kids all in bed, J got powerade drink

20210531-0859-20IMG_4402

20210531-1043-21IMG_4448

20210531-1248-25IMG_4479

12 Likes

DAY 4: TUESDAY JUNE 1st

Adventureland, Frontierland, Animal Kingdom, and POOL TIME!

Tue Jun 1 Tue Jun 1
(6ish) Got up around 6ish, morning routine, loaded up strollers, left the room around 7ish, long wait for bus (20 min?)
7:53 Inside MK (Mickey & Friends @ Train Station)
8:06 Entering queue JC, saw tear-filled skipper “reunion”
JC 8:16 on JC
Magic Carpets (2) 8:30 Entering queue for Magic Carpets, except J ran to get DAS return for Pirates of the Caribbean (PotC), on ride at 8:34 and then rode again with J at 8:43
PotC DAS 8:53 Entered queue for PoTC and on ride at 9:01, afterwards J ran to get DAS return for Splash, A got his “spirit dog” stuffed animal (Dante from Coco, A’s other main souvenir)
Tiki Room 9:26 Entered queue for Tiki Room, seated at 9:31, show started at 9:34, C cath
9:51 Walked through breezeway to Frontierland and saw Chip & Dale on balcony
Splash (2) DAS+RS 10:01 JAC on Splash, then RC at 10:23 while JAL saw Country Bear Jamboree but first J got DAS return for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (BTMRR)
Country Bear Jamboree 10:44 Saw the Country Bears on balcony outside the Jamboree theater
BTMRR DAS 10:57 RAC on BTMRR while JL watch Mickey & Minnie cavalcade, J got DAS return for HM
Liberty Tree Tavern 11:32 Eating at Liberty Tree Tavern
12:04 Mickey & Minnie Cavalcade
HM (2) DAS 12:22 Riding HM
12:34 R took break in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
Refilled mug (9) (1ish) Bus back to hotel for naps, C BM, J got powerade drink, rest, R+A took droid for walk at 2:45, loaded up strollers, C cath, left the room around 330ish, bus to Animal Kingdom (AK)
4:08 At entrance to AK and on to Tree of Life at 4:17, J ran to get DAS return for Flight of Passage (FOP)
ITtbaB 4:27 Entered queue for It’s Tough to be a Bug (ITtbaB), and seated at 4:38
Satu’li Canteen MO 5:16 Eating at Satu’li Canteen
NRJ 5:38 Entered queue for Navi River Journey (NRJ), and on ride at 6:03
FOP DAS 6:34 RAC on FOP while JL head to Africa
KS 6:56 Riding Kilimanjaro Safari (last safari of the day!), lions at 7:12
(730ish) Bus back to AoA, C cath, change into swimsuits
8:16 Swimming at AoA pool until 8:40ish
Refilled mug (10) (9ish) Kids all in bed, J got powerade drink

20210601-0806-11IMG_4597

20210601-0951-15IMG_4685

19 Likes

Oh man, this makes me so homesick for WDW! :blush: And once again with all the smiling kids! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

So many awesome pictures!!! The one of the three kids looking at the tree is my fave :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

These are FABULOUS pics.

I love the one of Nomad, of course.

But the one of the kids looking at the tree, and the one of the one kiddo watching out the safari vehicle just get me in the feeeeeeels!

5 Likes

We have the same Dante!

3 Likes

For real, this one needs to be framed.

11 Likes

Wow a lot of great pictures

2 Likes

I know you like this one.

[/quote]

6 Likes

I think I had 5 of them this trip. DW was really getting on to me about it. My response: we’re on vacation!

4 Likes