The drug known as "Disney"

Of June?!

Yes I’m meeting family on the 21st for dinner at boma but before that we are doing our DVC tour. The 22nd EMH at AK till 4 ish then SoA at 8:15 so we will be around the Poly before dinner.

1 Like

I just reread your post sorry looks like we will just miss you and @larrielaine. You are 2 of the top 10 I would have liked to have meet. You both have been very helpful with many question both asked and unasked. My next trip I will have to reserve time to meet liners.

1 Like

For me, a little bit of absence makes the heart grow fonder for my vacation destinations. We will either be doing DL or DW in 2020 or 2021, depending on the costs. In the meantime, we have a few other places we would like to visit. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m in someone’s top 10? I’ll take it!

I want to meet as many Liners as possible!

2 Likes

Aw bummer :frowning:

Thanks for the nice words. :slight_smile:

Yes you have been helpful and I love your craft designs.

1 Like

Thanks! I can send you a link to my “super secret” designs :wink::wink:

I have your FB page is there another?

1 Like

Check yo messages.

1 Like

Need also too please

2 Likes

I could see your family in one of her shirts, my DD would not wear matching shirts. She would stay in the room all day if me and the wife even wore matching shirts.

1 Like

Well… my family doesn’t do matching shirts either. We did it the one time for MVMCP and it was pulling teeth. Not worth it to me. But I can see myself in some of those shirts!!! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

She does a great job. I understand I have enough trouble get DD up for school thank God we won’t have to leave the room before 7:30 am. Don’t think I won’t leave her in the room if she won’t get up for Disney. She is 17 and can meet us later if need be. lol

2 Likes

ha ha ha! Me too!

2 Likes

Yes - ESCAPISM. That’s what it is for me. I am too busy to check my phone. The kids are happy. No one is fighting…well not as much. There is music and rides and fireworks. I don’t have to worry about anything other than what I want to ride next and making sure we’ll get to our dinner reservation on time. I’m not even really into Disney per say. I don’t have Disney t-shirts or memorabilia. Not an ears wearing kind of person. (No offense to anyone who is.) I never got people who went to Disney year in and year out. Like could not for the life of me get it. But when my kids were almost 4 and almost 6, we decided they were old enough for their first big trip. OMG, the joy my DH and I felt watching them light up as they saw everything for the first time. It was intoxicating. They were breaking out into dance and literally singing in the streets. I want to live in that feeling…

That trip was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip. That was three years ago and we are going for the 3rd year in a row, this time we are talking all the grandparents with us. I want them to experience what we have.

6 Likes

I remember reading your after trip report from your first trip and getting the feeling you insinuated you wouldn’t be going back… I remember laughing to myself and thinking ‘He’ll be back… He’ll be back’ :slight_smile:

2nd or 3rd week in September 2020. If it changes let me know!

As for the addiction we found that Disney was the happiest place on earth. But with that happiness comes the need for the universe to provide an equal and opposite emotion. It came with the worst bout of the sads I’ve ever managed to have last this long. It’s been a year (just passed the return home 1 year anniversary) and both myself and the DW and DD have pretty much all hit a wall of the sads harder than we have for anything else… I know it’s going to return in 2020 BUT it’s too long! I’ve also noticed that all other holidays get put on the ‘nope, not disney, not doing it pile’ now.

3 Likes

For me it’s an easy identification: customer service. Not just in treating you well directly, but indirectly as well. The parks are super clean. Just about all staff is super nice. The effort put into their product shows and I appreciate that effort. It’s the little things that really get to me. I was just thinking today as I strolled up to the kingdom: this is probably the only place who’s dedication to pay attention to the smallest detail rivals my own. For example: something as innoucuous as being sure to try and say “good bye” to every leaving guest. That leaves a HUGE impact with me.

Mickey breaking from his scheduled “rounds” during a chef Mickey table greet to give my mom a kiss when she wasn’t even aware he was close to her. Made her light up and it made every penny of that insane cost for a mediocre buffet worth it and more.

Gettin’ a bit verklemped just thinking of it and it happened today. Really wish I could’ve got that photo. :confused:

6 Likes

I shared on one of your posts that I am a therapist and I work with children. I love what I do, but it can be emotionally draining and very heavy. I NEED Disney to help maintain my sanity. I take a child’s hand and together we take on the darkest that humanity has to offer. Every now and then I need to escape and swing on the Disney pendulum to the other side. I need to immerse myself into something so wonderful and pure, to keep me going.

What I think makes Disney so different from other theme parks is the attention to detail. It is easy to escape there because it doesn’t take much to truly believe you are flying with Peter Pan or fighting with Pirates. You become the characters for a moment. Other parks just don’t do that.

I also think that it is very cathartic to those of us who had troubled childhoods. We get to re-enact our childhood in a very positive way.

13 Likes

As one of the people who is highly encouraging you to post LOTS of pics on your thread, I also encourage you to put the camera down and soak it in. I am our families photo documentarian and I have found that I miss out on a lot with my face behind the camera. On our last trip to DLR, DH took the phone out of my hand and reminded me to enjoy it. You may not have the picture, but you have that memory eternally etched in your brain in a way you could not if you had been behind a camera.

6 Likes