The Disney Refugee's Farewell Tour

It’s on tap.

However, They sell cans of Duff “beer” in all the gift shops. It’s a sparling orange citrus drink.

I bought one just to have as a souvenir this trip. You can put it in your luggage without having to open it.

Stock Photo:

6 Likes

Remember… Bread / buns and soda are not your friends!

I took at least two bites of everything to try it. I liked most things I ate. I would eat about 25% of the item if it was really good and I ate all of only about 4 things

(Raptor Wing / Brisket Slider / Buffalo Chicken Tots / Hop on Pop Ice Cram)

5 Likes

I finally am getting around to RixFlix!

Ok Mister wise guy!!! I see what you did!! hahahaha

If you really want to see me in action start here at 37:37 when I run across the camera!

5 Likes

Ah yes, I’ve watched a few of her vlogs recently. Cool!

Did you like that short clip :laughing:

5 Likes

It has been really neat that I’ve inadvertently timed it to be there when a lot of my favorites were around. The only people I didn’t meet and I know where at OIM were the Pugh Two.

(I may be critical of some of they’re stuff, but it’s because I care! Plus, some of it is wrong. Doesn’t mean I don’t support my fellow Tennesseans)

I can’t recall them all now. I know I always mentioned them in TRs when I did see them.

Craig & Ryan - WDWNT
Rick & Nikki - RixFlix
Taylor Strickland & his crew - OIM
Molly Mammoth Club
Vincent - VincentVision
Jackie - Super Enthused

I’m sure I meet a couple more… :man_shrugging: :crazy_face:

You know how I know that I like you… this makes me laugh!! Only my friends get to make short jokes about me! :wink:

5 Likes

Here it is!

My definitive rankings of all the eateries at CityWalk, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios Florida, Volcano Bay and the couple of hotels restaurants I tried!

How did I come to my ranks. It’s obviously subjective…

Did I like the food? Did I like it at that price point? Did I like it so much I didn’t care about the price?

How was the service? (Especially as a solo traveler. People will put you in the corner and forget you)

BIG TIP FOR SOLO TRAVELERS - Do not let them seat you at the bar or a high top in the bar area. No one is coming to serve you or even greet you! Bartenders looked at me like I was wearing an invisibility cloak. Make them put you at a table in the restaurant. This applies to any solo trip. Theme park or otherwise

Atmosphere / Theme - Ex: I can get nachos anywhere, but the vibe at Margaritaville is fun!

Time to get my food - even applies to QS

There’s more subjective things I could add. At the end of the day I come at it from the vantage point of a guy who saved up every quarter, dime, nickel and penny he could to make all these things happen!

I sold a bunch of collectables & stuff I loved on eBay, worked a summer job at an Escape Room, put my stimulus money back into the economy, turned in a massive jar of 11 years of coins, I juggled credit card sign-up bonuses, I refreshed the Universal AP hotel reservation page habitually on my phone / PC all through my day looking for sales, I looked for sales on SouthWest & looked most days to see if they’d lowered the price of my already booked flights so I could have them match it in credits, I took the opportunity to let SW bump me from flights on the way home for flight credits and more…

So when I say it’s good…it’s probably going to be good. When I say it’s bad, please, don’t waste your time. I don’t want anyone else to waste their money at Fast Food Blvd or Burger Digs!

In my mind the grades equate to something like this…

A - I don’t care what the price is it’s that good / reliable
B - I like it. The price is acceptable. It doesn’t make me go “Whoa!”
C - It’s either overpriced, overhyped, under-sized or unremarkable
D - It’s bad, no matter what the price
F - They shouldn’t be allowed to serve this food

9 Likes

Ok my only question is how come you gave Three Broomsticks a B but Thunder Falls an A? I thought it was the same food, except Three Broomsticks has butterbeer!

This is a great analysis though! Definitely going to avoid Fast Food Blvd.

2 Likes

Thunder Falls Terrace has revamped their entire menu! It’s really good!

I think they did it because too many people said it was the same!

2 Likes

Agreed. Thunder falls is legit good, not just theme park good!

2 Likes

If Raptor Wings were a permanent item, I would’ve rated them the only A+ eatery at the parks!

I’m unpacking and remembered souvenirs. My wife asked for one piece of chocolate fudge.

So of course I did the Buy 4 get 2 Free box!

She got one piece as a souvenir and she doesn’t know she is getting a mixed box of 4 more pieces for Valentines Day!

I usually don’t like fudge. It’s too rich / sweet. I can’t eat much. Well… one of those 6 pieces is all mine! I was at the Christmas Store in Port of Entry. They had a King Cake fudge. They let me sample it.

Wow! It has a citrus and cake flavor. It’s not overly sweet at all. I kept that one for me! I did let her try it. She really liked it too

Another seasonal item I like??!!?? :man_shrugging:

Wait! These were from venues and not temporary booths! That’s why I liked it!

8 Likes

Looks like a good souvenir to bring home for DH! I’m definitely going to try the Mardi Gras fudge.

1 Like

Great info–I bookmarked this!

1 Like

In my mind, the venues I’d be the most suspicious of are all the Grade C places.

Typically, they were OK or good, but were usually way overpriced or super small portions. Some are popular places that you’ve been told are GREAT or must do! Mostly, these places are the ones that you walk away from wishing it was just a “bit” better and disappointed.

If anyone has a question about a particular place…I’ll gladly tell you in detail about that place.

Like I did previously with Thunder Falls Terrace

4 Likes

Here’s my final tally of all the rides, shows, attractions and character meetings for my all my visits Feb. 2022 - Feb. 2023

I met plenty of other characters than those listed. However, these were the ones that were my “must-do’s” / favorites.

I met The Scooby Gang, Popeye & Olive, Hello Kitty, Betty Boop, Madagascar, DreamWorks and so many more along the way every day. I listed Hogwarts Seasonal Shows as I’m a WWOHP fan. However, I saw A LOT seasonal shows at HHN and Grinchmas as well!

There really is SO much to do and see at Universal! Even as an AP I always felt like something new was coming every couple months!

8 Likes

Spectacular! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

I’m wowed by your VC tally, but I’m lol’ing at your Doom tally :rofl::+1:t2:

3 Likes

It must be some kind of record–30 rides on Hagrids?

4 Likes

I’m sure the locals have me beat!

2 Likes

I’m heartbroken that I’d didn’t jump into the VC queue that last time. My heart knew I had plenty of time, but my anxiety said, “The plane will leave you if you are even 2 minutes late” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I think your decision was sound :+1:t2::laughing:

3 Likes