The Disney Refugee wants you to WIN A PRIZE!

My guess was going to be $676. I’ll forfeit the prize to @bebe80 unless the answer is exactly that.

5 Likes

Do we need to go down to the cents :laughing:

1 Like

I’m impressed no one has guessed an insane number like $3,000…

There’s a hint… It’s not more than $3000!! :rofl:

7 Likes

Even if every single coin in that container was a quarter, it would be nowhere near $3000! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I didn’t say it was a good hint!

My guess is $538.

(I did a little analysis to help me out and all I will say is that everyone has made plausible guesses so far.)

4 Likes

$512

3 Likes

Before I read any responses or did any analysis, the first number that popped into my head was like $76.

6 Likes

Haha. Two minutes of analysis significantly helped me too.

3 Likes

I’m guessing $572.

2 Likes

Feel free to DM or tell me your analytic details!! I’d love to hear how you came to the number!

FYI - I do have a tally of the exact number of rolls of each denomination. I know the ratio of which coin has the most vs. least. IMHO - It’s pretty fascinating to see what I collected / found most often.

I will be posting that tally with the solution on Monday!

I was also surprised at the number of $0.50 pieces and Dollar Coins in there. I don’t remember putting that many in there. I knew I had “buried treasures” in there to rediscover one day. It was fun! I even found a $2 bill I’d forgotten about!!

I did want to give some details about the container since you couldn’t see or touch it. That’s why I put in the measurements

For me the biggest thing to know was the weight!! I have picked up the jar over the years for fun, but moving it to the scale was precarious. 55lbs. of metal would have crushed a toe!!

7 Likes

I am kind of surprised the animal cracker container didn’t break open with that amount of weight!

7 Likes

Maybe you meant $576 or $676 and just lopped off the first digit :wink:

2 Likes

If you’d said all this first I’d have guessed more!

4 Likes

For the shake of transparency -

There really was only a couple half dollars and about $10 in gold $1 coins. So it wouldn’t throw off your guess too much!

I’m so bad at keeping secrets!! It’s going to be sooooo hard waiting a week to tell y’all the answer!!!

4 Likes

I am going to apply some non-sensical maths to throw in a guess.

I am thinking it is $476.07. So my guess is $476.

4 Likes

$666.66

5 Likes

NICE! :smiling_imp:

I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for more HHN announcements!!

5 Likes

We have one of those office water bottles that we collect coins in. Back in the early days of Disney travel my boys and I would sit on the floor in my bedroom counting and rolling the coins before our trips. I loved doing that!

I’m going to guess $327

4 Likes

I’m going to have to find your trip reports and read them.

2 Likes