The Disney Refugee wants you to WIN A PRIZE!

I went in early February - before everyone started truly started “getting back out there” and again the last week of April before schools got out.

Here are those two Trip Reports - Enjoy!!

I’ll be going back in August, Sept. and December! I won’t be solo anymore now that my family has realized all the fun they’ve been missing!!

7 Likes

Hmm 52 pounds. Im late to the party but thats a bit more than I expected. Let me ponder

3 Likes

Okay, WAG here but i just rolled about $450 and guessing by the weight i think we’re close.

4 Likes

$550

3 Likes

542.23 :sweat_smile::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

$574.34

2 Likes

On the one hand, if you’re right, you win a sweet bag. On the other hand, you possibly get to meet me in the afterlife.

4 Likes

I was going to ask how often you find yourself picking up pennies off the ground. Only half serious.

1 Like

My guess is $624.

2 Likes

OK Is it Monday yet?

5 Likes

Ahem…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I actually read through some of each of them, just none of them in full.

I often open UOR stuff by mistake because of how I have the board settings arranged - I see anything that is posted most recently first, not separated by category.

2 Likes

This is fun. Here’s my methodology:

Used ‘total coins’ (green cell) as independent variable and adjusted until total weight (blue cell) was 51.9 lbs (allowing for 0.3 lb container wt), while letting formulas do their job to keep the expected ratio of q:d:n:p constant and then calculating value. I don’t know enough of Darkmite’s use of cash to deviate from this expected number much in either direction. And the picture of the full jar seems like a typical distribution.

The issue now is that there are so many outstanding guesses very close to my number. Would I rather have a taller narrower section of the area under the bell curve or a wider but shortening section? Not going to do that calculus, but will stay close to my result and just guess there’s a few more quarters and fewer pennies than the expected numbers and go with:

$688

10 Likes

:nerd_face:

7 Likes

Since a pound of dimes, a pound of nickels, and a pound of quarters all are almost exactly $20, the main point of variability is what percentage of coins ends up being pennies.

4 Likes

I bet a lot are pennies! That’s how my change counting usually goes!

4 Likes

I’m counting on pennies being a higher proportion of the jar than normal, because if in fact @darkmite2 did pick up lots of change from the ground, they should be mostly pennies.

I’m wondering though if the halves and dollars will balance that out. :thinking:

5 Likes

Anyone have $412 yet?

2 Likes

Possibly. But it sounds like there weren’t too many of those.

@joelbruick - Literally, any & every time I see one!! No joke! It’s the old “Find a penny, pick it up and then all day you’ll have good luck!” song/ritual have known since I was a kid!

Sometimes, my family would giggle or roll their eyes as I’m picking up like $0.12 in a Wal-Mart parking lot. They’re not laughing any more! after seeing the final count! They really do add up!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@FindMeAFishingSpot - I’ve got you marked for $412!

FYI (everyone) - I mentioned this earlier, but I don’t want anyone who guesses earlier to feel “cheated”. The “other” coins were, literally, a handful of coins

6 Likes