The Disney IT rant thread

Was that before or after you lost the argument?

HIs mother’s dead. He inherited the money from his mother. She was hounded literally to death by the UK and European press. You want him to bury the money with his mother?

He’s not saying that he wants to be independent of the Royal Family. He has explicitly said he will continue to support the Monarchy and play his role.

The website and the brand — unlike the Trump brand — is not about personal enrichment. It’s about doing good works.

You, and a lot of other people who don’t have the balls to admit it.

People should actually make an effort to find out the facts, rather than spouting opinions on a subject they clearly know nothing about.

This is what is wrong with debate in general. People read bullshit from some website and then form an opinion and think they know what they’re talking about.

This is the kind of bullshit that has led Harry and Meghan to do what they’ve done.

I’ll take a tip from them. I’m done.

The rest of you can carry on with your pile-on to a young man who’s doing his best to do some good in the world, instead of enriching himself, while being a good father and husband in the bargain.

And go look up with the Sovereign Grant money is used for. It’s not for diamonds and private jets.

2 Likes

Whoa… I think you are entitled to your opinion as am I Matt. I am not spouting bullshit and don’t think my opinion matters less because you think you alone hold the truth. We are done here sir.

2 Likes

I have to say, I can usually figure out when these discussions are heading south quickly, but this took me by surprise. I felt like people were being pretty level-headed about this on the whole. I’m not sure where the “bullshit spouting” came in…:thinking:

Alas, I appreciated the discussion. Thanks for bringing it up!

I have heard that too. Not sure if it is true

You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts. Do the research.

People spreading the ignorant myth that Harry lives fat off the public purse.

Withdrawn

Didn’t realize the discussion was kind of taking a negative turn.

I hope we can get any negativity focused back on Disney IT where it belongs. :grinning:

2 Likes

Actually, I wish them well. Okay, secretly, I’m hoping Her Majesty will permanently appoint Harry as the governor general of Canada, but, that probably won’t happen.

My only beef was with how the announcement was made, not because we need to even know their business, but because it seemed to have taken his grandmother off guard. I’m rather a loyalist and felt it did a disservice to her. But, he’s her grandson. I expect he knows more than any of us how best to relate to his gran.

And you are quite right. No child or teen should have to walk behind his mother’s coffin. Had it been his father that passed, Diana would never have let her boys walk behind his coffin. She would have known how devastating it would have been for them.

2 Likes

I’m locking this post. No problem with a friendly off topic discussion but this has gone off the rails.

3 Likes

Though to be fair, her leaving them out of her Christmas address (and no picture on the desk from the pictures I have seen), seems that the deed was already done.

This thread is supposed to locked :joy: I’ll have to see if @PrincipalTinker can do it, I clearly can’t.

2 Likes

Sorry!

1 Like