The Disney Dish Thread

https://twitter.com/JimHillMedia/status/1641463058634620931

1 Like

For those who don’t like Twitter links, Jim said they recorded this upcoming episode on Tuesday due to their cruise, so they won’t get around to discussing RCID until the April 10th episode.

4 Likes

I’ve been in the building Len and Jim talked about today! It is a really cool building :grin:

The first time was pre-Covid for DD’s interview. I was waiting in the car when she texted that almost everyone had someone with them so I should come inside to see the cool stuff!

This is the rotunda just inside the doors. When she gets home from school I’ll see if she has more photos :grin:

The second time was to do all my new hire paperwork. I was finger printed, had my photo taken for my ID and had to do all the paper work for taxes, direct deposit etc.

12 Likes

I’m assuming this has come in really useful for the $13.49 they have deposited so far.

4 Likes

It’s all about convenience

Like: it’s convenient to “work” for the company and get the perks but not actually work

5 Likes

How’s that working out for ya?!! :joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Not the point of this image…but this is a really cute suit/jumpsuit (I can’t tell if it is one piece or two)

5 Likes

It’s one, it’s been her go to dressed up outfit for a few years!

4 Likes

Lol “tell them to go perform an impossible sex act on themselves “ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Come on over to Uncensored and say what you mean :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

There’s always someone out there who can do what is impossible for others.

:popcorn:

https://twitter.com/fritz_wetherbee/status/902635480327606272?s=46&t=SiDp2dtSEtZAGSpjRDf7TQ

2 Likes

Today’s episode was CHEF’S KISS, @len — just absolutely delectable to hear the way the mouse surgically outsmarted that smug… (maybe I should take myself over to the uncensored thread too…)

6 Likes

I am a day behind, but DEAL OR NO DEAL, come on Len!!

6 Likes

I blanked on that for a minute. Sorry @melcort10!

6 Likes

I meant to follow up on this after listening. Did he mention Deal or No Deal during the Let’s Make a Deal section and forgot the name? If so I missed it. (That’s what I get for listening to podcasts on 2x speed. :joy:)

2 Likes

As a kid, I was into Super Mario in a big way (even Donky Kong somewhat). But I never got into Zelda and know nothing about it.

But the sound of it makes me think it would be an excellent choice for the re-theming of the Lost Continent in IOA.

3 Likes

I loved the A Link to the Past game, but I haven’t really gotten into any of the others since. I think Zelda would be a great option for a retheme!

1 Like

Zelda is HUGE in our house.

My older son (21 now) was super into all the Mario bros, so we own every Mario game ever. MarioKart is his favorite and he still plugs in the OG Wii to play that one. He bought himself his own Switch when he moved out of our house, just to play mariokart whenever he wanted to.

My younger son liked super smash bros a bit more than the Mario games, but he REALLY was into Zelda. That’s the one he logged serious hours on.

My youngest daughter is a super Zelda fan as well. She keeps repeating the same Zelda game, though. Over and Over. She’s collected every treasure, bought the expansion pack, everything. I don’t mind because the music is great for the background. When she visits her friends in the animal crossing game, that soundtrack gets tiresome. IYKYK.

Strangely, they don’t love the same Zelda games, so if they theme it according to “breath of the wild” one of my kids will be ecstatic, the other less so.

I can’t tell you how stoked they all will be for Nintendo IPs, and this will carry over to their friends, and their future spouses and kids. It’s a 100% winner for Universal, and I am not surprised in the least that the MarioBros movie has already grossed over $1B. Massive IP.

If they could actually pull off Pokemon also, I think I’d never get any of my adult kids to go to Disney again.

Also I think Zelda is genius for that area.

And the expansion ideas for the Hogwarts side are super intriguing too- I would love to have something with the forbidden forest or something back there.

Also I’m pretty intrigued by this idea of the Pandora-star tours merge. Would that be just a retheme of Star Tours then? So not adding a ride, no added capacity… But still a cool idea. That’s not gonna fix Tomorrowland in DL tho.

Lots to ponder from this last episode…

4 Likes

as an anecdote- when I took my 14 yo to LA recently it happened to be the opening weekend for the super Mario land. So of course we went there to check it out. We also did DL and other sites in LA with my non-theme-park-loving older daughter who lives in LA, about 10 min from DL, but doesn’t ever go. (I have failed.)

Anyway, when my daughter got back to school, her friends ALL wanted to talk about Mario land and only Mario land. Every single kid in her 9th grade class was so jealous. Her older brothers were extremely jealous as well. EpicUniverse/Super Mario will be way more popular than Harry Potter over the long haul. I know that’s hard to believe, but I would absolutely put money on it.

2 Likes

They said it would need to be smaller (use more compact technology like Star Tours) and would likely go in the Launch Bay area (old Carousel of Progress building), not necessarily take over Star Tours.

1 Like