The Disney Dish Thread

Although, to me, the short window of DL APs shows that the halt is not connected to any lawsuits?

2 Likes

Does she know Gisele?

5 Likes

This was the shocker to me. Really?? Hadn’t heard that! :crossed_fingers:t3:

5 Likes

I totally see Iger going forward with this, and influencing some benes to DVC members as well. While Chapek sought to cull people from the parks and make those who went pay more, Iger will fill the parks. Will that suck too? Maybe. :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

DL APs have been reporting same day availability since sales resumed (and re-halted). I think they adjusted something in the background to avoid the issues that brought the lawsuit

2 Likes

Funny how Len mentioned Jim Cramer lol

3 Likes

It will increase crowds, but we’ve seen a decrease in attendance during Chapek’s experiment to only court the rich. Disney needs volume. I think a family of 4 AP holders eating at Casey’s Corner is not much different than a non-AP family of 4 eating there. So if you cut out, say 20% of the customers eating there and from everywhere in the parks… revenue lost. More crowds = more profit = justification for more attractions/maintenance = more crowds = more profit etc. I’m no expert and maybe Disney’s books don’t reflect this, but I can’t imagine it doesn’t work that way. Seemed to work for Walt, Eisner, and Iger.1

4 Likes

Me too! I thought (or really, really hoped) the hopping timeframe would change or go away but never thought APR’s would.

4 Likes

Just a word of caution: they didn’t name their source on the APR thing and it could be wrong, so let’s not get our hopes up too too much, but it would make a lot of sense and be so wonderful for guests, so I hope it’s true.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ll believe it when I see it. But then again a few days ago Chapek leaving was just a fantasy too :grin:

2 Likes

By extension if the APR thing is eliminated, would that mean park hopping whenever would come back as well?

3 Likes

That’s a logical assumption. But it’s a dangerous thing trying to apply logic to this discussion board

7 Likes

FWIW, I’ve heard similar from someone I know - that Park reservations in some form will be going away, at least for resort guests, possibly for all ticket holders except for APs. Grain of salt and all, but it lines up with what Jim and @len said.

3 Likes

I’m just annoyed that this whole situation caused they to add a Wednesday podcast. They are my Monday podcast.

You know what’s going to happen now

7 Likes

If it makes you feel better, they probably won’t do a Monday episode next week due to Thanksgiving, so you could save this one for Monday.

Honestly, I would much rather see the hopping restrictions go than APR’s. Or at least make it like noon for hopping.

4 Likes

Me too

4 Likes

Len said there would be another podcast on Monday.

4 Likes

Me too. I think they go hand in hand, but I don’t mind the APR situation as much. If they really wanted APRs, I would be ok if they moved the max capacity up to like Christmas levels, so it became just a scheduling metric, not a limitation on attendance.

That said, doing away with the whole APR + hopping is optimal for guests, so I’m in favor of it.

2 Likes

Oh good (for us, not for @cherokee_jacket :joy:).

3 Likes