The Disney Dish Thread

Nah, you just believe in what we all want to believe:

3 Likes

Disney loves DVC members! I’m going to learn from @len here and keep things positive. Disney is allowing guests to pay all their money for DVC and erode their benefits. By making APs and park reservations unavailable to these members, it will allow the members to greater appreciate their rooms since they will have so much more time to stay in them. It is very kind of Disney to allow these members to not be distracted by the parks and to really focus on their investment.

15 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

7 Likes

I heard the music kick in as you started going. :rofl:

9 Likes

It sure seems possible that a walking path could be made heading out of the pool area at AKL, bordering the Savannah for a small section (animal viewing opportunities along the way), then connecting up with Osceola Parkway and Black Lake Road to make it all the way to the bus station area at AK. There might even be room for a Joffrey’s stand or an ice cream cart along the way, who knows?

7 Likes

The addition of the music and applause was magical.

8 Likes

Aaron did a great job on the show.

6 Likes

Segue into the news this morning:

Len: Ok so there was a lot of news out of Disney this week…
Me: Oh Len, you just wait, my friend

:laughing:

I saw a tweet from Len that he was going to try to record something today with Jim. Hoping they manage to get something out!

7 Likes

Now by Wednesday…

I’m just glad Twitter was still around for this.

9 Likes

The Most Anticipated Event of the Year is ______???

The World Cup?
Christmas?
The Super Bowl?
The Taylor Swift Eras Tour?

Nope. This Wednesday’s special edition of The Disney Dish with Jim and @len !!!

15 Likes

…the season finale of Andor with the Disney Dish a close second. I am also hoping we get a rant on one of those other “unplugged” podcast shows.

1 Like

:eyes:

https://twitter.com/azaprod/status/1595174560642498560?s=46&t=nUoFbRIXHhUyX3FhkgrmHQ

10 Likes

Excellent.

I’m rope dropping the grocery store and this will be the perfect accompaniment

4 Likes

It was a great show. No rants. Just real good levelheaded conversation

3 Likes

The episode just dropped! Do I start listening now? :thinking: Tomorrow I’ll have Andor to keep me busy. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ok just finished. A couple of new (to me) tidbits:

• A breaking point may have been Kareem Daniel asking Kevin Feige to cut an animated series or two that Marvel Studios was working on. Feige thought this was foolish due to the bang for buck that an animated series brings to streaming.
  • The timing of the firing may be partly because the board was concerned that given more time, Chapek would start the layoffs he had previously announced, and those would tend to target people he didn’t like or who weren’t loyal to him.
  • Several key people departed either on their own or were forced out during Chapek’s tenure. Sr management and the board were concerned about continuing to bleed key creatives (like potentially Feige if he got fed up)
  • Rumor is that the two year tenure for Iger was dictated by his wife Willow Bay, who already lost patience after the four previous contract extensions. Iger will be under intense pressure to groom a successor quickly.
  • Len and Jim talked about the new Global Dream DCL ship and whether that would be on the chopping block since it was a Chapek pet project. They conclude it will probably stay in the pipeline since it was a really good bargain.
  • There are rumblings that park pass reservations were already planned to be discontinued, with the announcement coming after Thanksgiving. This was a Chapek decision, so don’t give Iger too much credit right off the bat.

Fascinating stuff. It totally makes sense that the board was concerned and made this decision quickly. Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong or add more below.

10 Likes

Jeff, you left out the most important news: Disney may have to give up the right to build a nuclear power plant. :radioactive:

6 Likes

One takeaway I’ll add: Jim cautioned against too much Iger hero-worship.

7 Likes

My question would be, will annual pass sales be restored? With the removal of the reservations, this should scuttle the lawsuits.

4 Likes