The Disney Dish Thread

I listen on the 30 minute drive home from work each day. It puts me in my happy place so I am not thinking about any stressors from the day. Occasionally I listen in the morning if I didn’t get to finish one. I have my order of the ones I listen to each day too.

2 Likes

I have looked at that dessert the last two times I ate there but we never have room for dessert.

2 Likes

I think we shared entrees specifically so we’d have room for it!

4 Likes

In this week’s episode they talk about how Kodak was running out of money and made Disney change the Journey Into Imagination ride so it would require less annual maintenance. That’s when they changed it to “Journey into Your Imagination.” The way Jim emphasized “Your” totally made me think of the “You are the Magic” joke. “Now we’re journeying into your imagination. You are the imagination.” LOL

8 Likes

I listen to the Thirty20eight podcast - anyone else? They’ve been doing a series on Epcot history and the last episode (I listened to) was about some proposed changes (blue sky?) to Epcot from 2003. The information they had was courtesy of Jim Hill Media! One of the ideas was to convert SE into an indoor roller coaster called Time Traveler or something similar that would take guests back to the Big Bang. Doesn’t that sound familiar? Indoor Coaster? Time travel? Big Bang? (Cosmic Rewind for those who haven’t ridden it.) Another idea was a park-like green space for guests to wander in and experience. You know kind of like that thing they’re building, the Journey of Water? It was really striking how these ideas that had been sidelined were really just delayed, refined, revamped and are now actually happening. I thought it was fascinating. They also talked about how the original criticisms of Epcot were not enough characters. Now it’s too many characters. Let’s face it, we (meaning the public) are never happy. :joy:

5 Likes

Loved the shoutout to https://www.futureport82.com/ on this weeks show, been following it for awhile and the thing is a labor of love by the developer.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the Journey of Water. I know it’s not going to be a ride and it gets teased for being a walk-through, but it looks quite epic in scope for “landscaping.” Plus I love Moana.

6 Likes

What you don’t realize is that what we saw at D23 was actual size. Lately all the big ideas have been reduced or cancelled. I suspect they will suddenly decide they don’t like the money being spent after construction and we’ll get a disappointing version. I hope I’m wrong though because I really do like Moana.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Jim and Len often joke that no Disney ever idea ever truly goes away. It just sits waiting for its moment to shine a couple of decades later…

4 Likes

Todays episode should answer for everyone the question of whether you must tap into the park where you have a reservation before you hop without any question.

TLDR: you absolutely must.

5 Likes

I somehow find it pleasing to see past Disney big shots experiencing real life guest experiences. :upside_down_face: But poor Jim Hill lol.

Hey, equality right…

3 Likes

Yes but clearly he - they - aren’t in a position to make change. We need current Execs to have this trouble. Like Jim said - if they did the guest-facing obstacle would be resolved overnight.

4 Likes

Yeah I know, that’ll never happen :confused:

3 Likes

After listening I thought about my last visit to the parks and while I was there I was thinking to myself that there were a lot more Blue GS Umbrellas around than ever before. BTW: they don’t always save time. AND I think it’s interesting that Disney is handing out ‘postcards’ to guests for complaints rather than allowing them to report in real time… b/c… they really don’t care or want to hear about it? More proof that the customer experience is NOT their priority anymore #areyouli$teningDi$ney?

4 Likes

I just found myself finding this Imagineer to have exhibited enormous restraint in not saying, “Do you know who I am??” :laughing:

7 Likes

Jim Shull is an awesome human being and I can completely see why he was on the side of supporting the CMs as best as he could.

2 Likes

Yes, this was never in doubt.

3 Likes

At the end of the episode Jim asked any west coast peeps to stake out SWGE and let him know where Boba Fett and Fennec Shand are hanging out when they make an appearance. Well, I volunteer as tribute. Hope to fly down for the day on Friday and will report back!

7 Likes

I saw Boba Fett in the marketplace area. He literally walked right by me. My wife pointed him out to me just in time for me to see him practically face to face.

But I did not see Fennec, unfortunately. And this was a wandering Fett, not one stationed for photos like at Launch Bay.

5 Likes