The Disney Dish Thread

I was just moving into the “wow with DVC and an AP could really take a few small trips a year” phase. After listening to this morning’s Dish I was literally thinking the same thing as you.

I was also thinking how nice it would be to save up for 1 bedrooms instead of studios (family of 3)

4 Likes

Be careful LOL

That’s an expensive upgrade over time LOL

3 Likes

We were denied Annual Passes in December of last year (@Jeff_AZ I completely feel your pain) so we have used banked, current and borrowed points for a 1-bedroom this coming November so that we don’t get stuck in the trap of paying for multiple trips in one year. I think it will be better in the long run!

2 Likes

Just watch, they’ll bring back APs right after your September trip.

1 Like

I wouldn’t really complain, honestly.

We still won’t go til 2024 though because of Africa 2023

3 Likes

Lack of APs is one of the things holding us back from considering DVC.

6 Likes

I know you love the park, but a WDW to trip to hang out solely in Africa at AK seems a bit much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True. So I’m gonna go to the actual real place instead of the Disney real place. But I
was inspired by the Disney real place to go to the actual real place.

I just hope I don’t hate KS when I get back :wink:

6 Likes

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but my sister was in Botswana w/ the Peace Corps for almost 2 years (they were all pulled out in March 2020 due to the pandemic) and LOVED it. A friend of hers visited at one point and they did a safari trip that they both really enjoyed. Their pictures were stunning so I can’t imagine how amazing it was in person.

I am sure you will have an awesome time! :heart:

2 Likes

I just hope KS doesn’t have an upcharge larger than the cost of your Africa trip when you get back.

7 Likes

My mom, who has been to the real real place, was very impressed with KS when she rode. She thought they did an amazing job re-creating a savanna. She loved that some people that would never make it to Africa could have the chance to get a taste in AK.

7 Likes

I didn’t realize it was that soon!!! I sincerely hope you pull a @galuchies_463555 and share photos and planning and all that from your trip, too!!

4 Likes

It’s not really that soon - 389 days away yet.

2 Likes

I was planning on upgradin for me and DD on our December trip to cover our July trip. So I guess Disney won because they just got the extra money. AND with the borrowing restrictions I am paying cash.

When I first budgeted I figured we could stay 5 days in a studio every year or a one bedroom every other year. But then I got a whole bunch of points tonuse because of COVId and found out I like points. So I am saving my money for a Poly extension contract, hoping it will be with the old Association.

But speaking of expensive upgrades, I am alo holding out for an Africa trip for around my 50th. And that is your fault for putting the idea in my head (and honestly, flying over Victoria falls in Soarin). We are behind because of other trips postponed by COVID so it my be for my 51st or 52nd. And I have two different Africa trips I would like to do - Western Africa and Southern Africa, in which case I might have to rethink my Poly upgrade… .and then I won’t have an AP problem…hmmm

3 Likes

Meanwhile, Disney is encouraging me as a Magic Key holder to visit Downtown Disney. You know … since I can’t visit the parks. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Points Are Fun™

2 Likes

I am not sorry.

1 Like

Me neither :rofl:

1 Like

You wont hate it when you get back, it will now bring you back to the time that you were in the real place. Giraffes are very hard to get close to in the wild at least on KS you can.

5 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for so it’s good to know that’s been your experience

3 Likes