The Disney Dish Thread

That is true, we are tiny numbers really. I haven’t seen it mentioned on the Liners FB page at all so I was surprised it would be in other groups, that’s all.

1 Like

He confirmed that before editing his post above.

Oops is this another Bruno situation?

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/backsideofmagic

Is this it? Doesn’t seem very active

1 Like

Ya, I guess it is an old group now!

1 Like

Lol good call on deleting your post just in case.

1 Like

This is hilarious .I believe it was this week that there was a discussion that many people in that group are here too?

4 Likes

Thai’s nothing … I saw RotR was up 180 minutes this afternoon (fortunately ToT was a “mere” 115 minutes).

2 Likes

To the question of “do average Disney fans realize what this is?” I would say, not likely.

As a good example, I offer myself. I do follow TP, check in these forums weekly to see what’s up, but since I don’t go to WDW that often (next trip is in Dec) things like this fly over my head. I heard THE reference in question on the podcast, and it totally flew over my head until reading through this page.

Now, I’m the most into Disney person I know IRL, so I can pretty much guarantee that Len could say “BG1” over and over on a podcast and maybe a couple of people would look into it… But I don’t think this is gonna hit big time.

I did look at it, just now, briefly, but I’ll delve deeper if it’s still relevant in November.

4 Likes

Listening to DD right now and realized I had some questions to e-mail in. Does anyone have the e-mail address for the show? Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t have that but I love your friggin username.

6 Likes

You can email len@touringplans.com for questions and comments on the show.

1 Like

@len Listening to the podcast this morning. I have the Enchant Magic Key currently and it expires in August. Regarding Magic Keys no longer being offered, I have another theory. Both Enchant and Imagine are blocked out for most of the summer. And Magic Key park passes have been fully booked for the few days remaining that are not blocked (today throughThursday). Is it possible that Disney simply recognizes it’s not a good idea to sell a pass that can’t be used for several months and that they will resume selling in august when the passes will no longer be completely blocked? I was hoping to renew my pass and have a trip planned for late September.

1 Like

I think this is it - they’re suspending sales because they don’t have the capacity to fulfill the demand.

3 Likes

I was going to upgrade to a Magic Key on the last day of my trip since I am planning to come back in September (and possibly another time) and then they sold out mere days before! Oh well, I will probably save money this way (by not going as often and because it’s not economical if my only other trip is in September for two days).

I really wish I had bought one last fall though! I would have definitely got my money’s worth!

1 Like

@Len on a separate note, I got a survey from UOR asking about a hypothetical Shopping Pass add-on to my Seasonal Pass. I dutifully obeyed their directive not to screenshot, because I’m either ethical or paranoid. :innocent:

In any case, they presented two theoretical options: a pass that comes “free” with the AP and included perks like 4 lanyards (one for each season) and one that cost an additional $100 and included perks like free parking (I think?), access to a pool of Mardi Gras tickets, and $10 in credit for every $50 spent on merchandise. I don’t remember all the details exactly.

I think I vaguely remember you talking about this on the show so maybe it’s not a new survey, but just thought I’d pass along.

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff! I have screencaps from this most recent survey.

For what it’s worth, some lawyers would probably say language like “this is confidential” isn’t unilaterally binding. You have to get something of value in return for agreeing to give up something.

10 Likes

I may or may not have gotten the same survey. Also may or may not have been as ethical or paranoid as you :wink:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the lack of AP’s is not curtailing my trips, but it is costing me a lot of money. At both WDW and DLR.

2 Likes

It is the main thing which will curtail us after our September couples trip. We can’t keep shelling out the kind of money they are looking for for date based tickets anymore. It’s insane. We will save our DVC points and take singular, longer trips every couple of years until/unless APs return.

4 Likes