The Disney Dish Thread

For me either end is going to require an alarm that wakes me from sleep :laughing:

3 Likes

There just has to be a better way that doesn’t interfere with sleep necessarily while at Disney. I am fine with the 6am/midnight or whatever but let me do it a week before or something. Please!

I’m just catching up with the episode today but I was surprised to hear Len suggest that they aren’t going to raise the price but just limit it. (And I agree that they will have to substantially limit it to affect any actual change.) It makes sense that they can’t just raise the price for a shit product but that seems to be the most straightforward way to remove some of the demand.

3 Likes

FWIW, I spoke with a CM last week (I have been making daily calls to book a fireworks cruise that has yet to open booking availability) and shared with him the concern I had as an Annual Passholder that I could possibly be shut out of getting Genie+ if WDW is limiting the number of guests that can purchase it.

The CM told me that the latest information that they received surrounding the June 8th switch to only allow same day purchases, was that they “were not limiting Genie+ purchases at this time.”

That can definitely be changed tomorrow, but that info is what was provided to CMs.

3 Likes

This past week, Chrissy from Touring Plans said on Instagram she believes (or rather, repeating what Len has said to her) Disney will limit sales of Genie+ so that those who buy it will rave about how great it is and how they get to use it at almost every ride in the park. Then Disney will raise the price of it.

2 Likes

I heard them say “Bubbles” and I was like, excuse me, OUR @Bubblez ?!? I know her!!!

I pay my $4/month for the exclusive episodes and think it’s worth it but lord this app absolutely sucks ass.

Also if you have an AP and are traveling with someone who has a date-based ticket, you can’t forget to budget in the time that it takes to click through a million times while you try to figure out how to add G+ to both people’s days! Suuuuuper fun and exactly what I want to be doing at 6am!!! (….not.)

4 Likes

I think they will be limiting sales too. I am thinking of those that walk in the park at noon, complain about long lines, discover this thing called lightening lanes, buy genie + then get mad because they can’t get what they want when they want it.

4 Likes

Well, my family apparently hit what I will refer to as “The Daily Double” this spring - we had one day planned in the parks (HS early entry) so we stayed up until midnight to get Genie+, AND had to be alert for the 7am start to booking attractions. Off course we were already on the Skyliner to HS as 7am rolled around, but it did add an extra layer of panic trying to reserve LL attractions while in the bad-Wi-Fi area of that route.

1 Like

Ummmm…. Are you a married lady now? If so, a) congratulations! And B) did I miss the trip report somewhere? I was under the impression there might be palapas….

6 Likes

I am! And thank you!

Turns out when you’re a bride you are VERY BUSY the week of your wedding… :see_no_evil: should I do a post-trip trip report?? There were palapas!

13 Likes

Congratulations to you and Mr. @hmbhmbhmb !!

4 Likes

Yes you should! And congratulations! Your pics were beautiful.

4 Likes

This is a rhetorical question, right?!

5 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Y’all what if there were a system that allowed people to book attraction reservations in advance of their vacations, so people aren’t glued to their phones during the day and losing out on sleep while getting frustrated over availability and IT problems while they’re on property? :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Guy. Like, nobody would like that. Duh.

5 Likes

fuck :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Congratulations!!! There are pictures? :smiley:

3 Likes

Len has always helped his followers have the best in park experience. I am just saying that right away.

7 Likes

Yikes.

I don’t personally care for the existence of this cheat at all, and I have no plans to use it and never have. So I don’t personally care at all.

But folks put the info in La Cava for a reason and even that small utterance was too much.

2 Likes

Agree, googling that brings the link right up first. I am surprised of this. I wonder if Len asked @joelbruick 's permission to share and he agreed?

4 Likes