The Disney Dish Thread

Won’t Disney work to shut this down and fast? Well… as fast as Disney IT can work? MDE w/ ADR is still allowing double and triple bookings :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I just heard the podcast. :weary: didn’t realize this was on Google.just saying that info opens it up to so many more people. And our trip is next week.

1 Like

I don’t quite agree with this point. Most of that capacity at DHS, for example, was under utilized. You could go to LMA ln most days and the theater would be less than half full. The backlot tour.was a walkon and not very highly rated by the end of its run. In Epcot thet replaced a high capacity attraction that was rarely full with a high capacity attraction that will be fully utilized.

And while I agree that they need a lot more capacity everywhere, and that downtime is certainly an issue, I don’t think what they’ve built in the last 5-6 years was the wrong decision. It was needed after 15 years of not building much and not keeping up.on attractions. They just need to keep going now.

(The only recent build I take issue with is MMRR replacing GMR - GMR was a great attraction and still pretty popular. They should have put MMRR somewhere else, maybe Animation Courtyard.)

2 Likes

This is the biggest mistake they have made.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure if you publish something to the internet, especially if it is not behind a wall of some kind, that’s approval for anyone to share……

2 Likes

What about the lack of maintenance? Will ppl continue to come and dole out BIG bucks for broken rides? Years ago I stopped going to USO b/c of how dirty and unkempt it was; I wondered what else they weren’t taking care of. USO since then has upped their game and literally cleaned up their act. Broken animation in WDW might not be a safety issue but, in my mind, I wonder what else are they letting go and are there safety concerns being left unattended while they line their pockets? Also, the local paper keeps reporting how short handed parks are for the up coming summer peak season and concerns for customer experience being worse due to the shortage.

3 Likes

Wait what did I miss?

1 Like

Today’s show

2 Likes

Not necessarily. It has to be an open web based system in order to work, so its going to be on the web somewhere. As it stands currently, only TP members have acces to this information. A large number of people aren’t going to just stumble on it. You actually need to know what to type into google. The instructional YouTube videos are hidden, you need the link to access those.

The Disney Dish podcast is free and readily available for anyone to listen to.

5 Likes

This is kind of how I look at it. I’ve never considered it a secret, and the subject in question has always been publicly available, if not publicly promoted.

I didn’t even create it to give anyone an advantage – I did it to show how the boarding group process could be redesigned to eliminate the frustration caused by failures that were entirely beyond the control of the user. Since then, MDE has been updated to incorporate most of the key aspects of my design, and that’s thanks to Len.

I know some people still prefer using that which shall not be named to get a BG, but even I think 99.9% of people should just use MDE for this. The funniest thing to me is that the VQ component is actually the least interesting part of it now.

This community has collectively chosen not to promote it to the outside world, but Len doesn’t need my permission to mention it anywhere. Nobody does.

And heck, for all you guys know, this whole thing has been an elaborate scheme to get a reference on the podcast. My only regret is that Len didn’t use the unholy search term as a promo code for a fake sponsor or something.

10 Likes

As many others did, I cringed when Len talked about Joel’s code. Upon reflection, I have recognized this for selfish reasons. The edge it gives people for a boarding group was and is fantastic. My fear is this will now become used by a large enough group of people that the lottery system will be a level playing field again.

I had always planned on using it during each trip, but then Disney kept removing boarding groups just before I got to WDW. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :pensive:

6 Likes

This is my fear with the new drop times as well. They are listed in BG1.

3 Likes

I think BG1 looks complicated enough to put off most casual visitors. I bet most people in the parks each day have only done the most basic of research.

6 Likes

Maybe the real edge was the friends we made along the way.

12 Likes

If I had an endorsements page for it, this would be on it.

18 Likes

I don’t know what you mean by this.

2 Likes

I’m just joking.

3 Likes

Oh ok.

It probably sounds insincere of me to say I don’t mean any offense toward your work. It’s brilliant really.

It’s the principle I dislike, just as I hate leading reservations and walking DVC bookings.

4 Likes

Thats a great point.

I think we should all embrace the perks of being a member of TouringPlans, and be thankful that Joel goes here first to share things. When I see things like this:

It makes me realize how special this community is.

12 Likes

If drop times get blown up again in the near future, I’ll just remove them.

7 Likes