The Depiction of a Trip Report

Horrible trip report. One star.

ThankYOU

6 Likes

Technically the forum recognizes this as post #1985. If you click on the upper right hand corner of the post (where it says how long ago it was posted) it will tell you the post number. I wonder if it includes posts that were deleted by the author? Also may include the original post, whereas the slider on the right I think only counts replies.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

IMO, and I know it’s not a popular one, I agree with your sentiments about CRT. Give me a steak at Le Cellier or the ambiance of dinner at BOG and I’ll pick those over CRT without a second thought. The castle, to me, was a one and done.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recap! Looked like a good trip! Hopefully longer hours by October!
ThankYOU

1 Like

To be fair, I’ve never done it without the awkward meet and greet downstairs, or without children. Maybe if I had that experience, I’d have a different opinion.

But what I walked away from it was with my then DS8 wondering who these characters where and why they wanted pics with him. Then I had the added frustration of him not liking a single thing on either the adult or kid menus, and this is a kid who regularly chooses Caesar salad or sushi when left to his own choices. I can’t really blame his palate there, options were exceptionally small, long before this stupid pandemic.

1 Like

OK, I will help to get to 2000 because I have a question for my upcoming trip and if @Randall1028 doesn’t have an answer/opinion, I welcome others.

I am staying two nights at the Poly next week (first time!) and I couldn’t get a Kona breakfast reservation. Is the Tonga Toast at the Capt Cook’s a worthwhile fallback option?

And related, I do have a late dinner ADR at Kona but honestly the menu looks only ok. I’m thinking of just going to Tambu lounge after my MK day and ordering multi-small plates.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t forget about the coconut something meatballs at captain hooks.

4 Likes

Just pulling ideas out of a hat here but is it possible that the EPCOT monorail is off-line so those “trains” themselves can be allocated to the resort line, compensating for pandemic-reduced capacity?

2 Likes

But are they made with sweetened tiger nuts?

5 Likes

Hmmmm that’s good thinking. Wish we could ask someone that would know.

I’m constrained by not eating pork or beef – self-imposed, to be sure! So its vegetarian, fish, or poultry for me

2 Likes

Very good. Didn’t know; obviously :roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

Oh do you have all your park reservations? Do you have anAP? I’m asking cuz a friend wanted to go to wdw and we looked at the availability calendar yikes!

1 Like

I have an AP but I think my park reservations are connected to my DVC resort stay reservations

(and we are almost to 2000!)

2 Likes

The Tonga toast at Captain Cooks is just about the same but it does not have the strawberry sauce.
2000posts

9 Likes

No no nooo! We do not reward pandering. :grin:

(You read that in his voice)

11 Likes

@Jeff_AZ should have this one.

2 Likes

When I made them at home I didn’t put anyone’s nuts - sweetened or otherwise - in them.
2000posts

8 Likes

No. There’s a simple “night mode” on the iPhone and I let it do its thing.

Mobile order the Tonga toast and take it back to your room. :smirk: or eat out on the beach.

BrainBIG

(We’re still in the thread. I can use this. )

But I actually felt the Tonga toast was not enough for the money spent. I think it was like 16 bucks for a 4” square of toast and 2 links of sausage or something.

I LOVED the tune poke bowl. I was actually sad I didn’t have time to grab it before I left (hindsight: shoulda ordered it after lunch, but I was pretty full so wasn’t thinking clearly. Well that and still was trying to get to HS.)

Tuna poke bowl. Go home, AC.
AutocorrectThanks

10 Likes