The Bad Advice Thread

The queue lines are really boring, so take a phone and stare at it like a zombie while you wait to get on the rides. This is especially important on lines like FOP and EE.

5 Likes

I work a second job at night at a fairly well known retail store. Whilst pushing out inventory one night, I came across a small tumbler on a shelf. I opened it, thinking it was maybe an errant item that needed to go back to its proper place in the store. It looked like apple juice. I took a whiff and nearly fell over. It was not apple juice. Iā€™m guessing whiskey, as Iā€™m not a drinker. We all had a good laugh about shoppers needing a drink to get thru holiday shopping.

6 Likes

Hello dear enemy, best time to ride the rides and be in the parks is from 10am-3 pm. I will see you there! :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Most of the resorts allow walk-up, so just go when you feel like it.

1 Like

WDW?ā€¦ Itā€™s not worth it. Save your money and go elsewhere!

9 Likes

Promise your kid they can ride Splash Mountain on your January trip.
Jump the queue if no one is watching. Iā€™m sure no one will care.
Ride Kali River Rapids first thing in the morning. Youā€™ll only get splashed a little. No need to worry about those shoes. squish squish squish
Ride Mission Space Orange right after lunch.
Speaking of lunch, $5 per person ought to be enough. I mean, that gets you a value meal at McDonaldā€™s, right?

5 Likes

Ha, I just got an email from Disney reminding me about our upcoming park reservation and it has outdated guidanceā€¦ are they playing our game???

6 Likes

Feel free to swim in Seven Seas Lagoon. The signs are just suggestions to keep people in pool areas where they will spend more on snacks. Nothing bad could possibly happen.

5 Likes

Remember, you paid a lot for this vacation so donā€™t let anyone from Disney tell you that you canā€™t do something. You are entitled to it.

8 Likes

#toosoon :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

Well, if you swam in Seven Seas Lagoon, snacks would be had. Just maybe not the way you meant.

5 Likes

BTW, welcome to the Forum community! We hope to provide you with tips and useful information while at the same time getting an occasional good laugh!

5 Likes

Honored to have your first post on the forum be in this thread! Welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks! Lol I was around when the forum was announced i think but I dump all following of news after a vacation so Iā€™m not tempted.

Back to following all things disney again. Iā€™m happy with the lines app updates. Trying to wait since disney is all over the place with sudden changes and not stable in knowing my experience per 1$.

I want meet and greets. Stage shows. Train. Tron. Guardians. Blah the wait. Just stashing $each month waiting!

8 Likes

Yes, Disney treats the water for amoebas and has a strict ā€œno alligatorsā€ policy which the alligators are kind enough to adhere to

6 Likes

THIS WINS!

People actually think this is a thing.

3 Likes

I dontā€™ think they are listening

In 2016, the year of the fatal attack, 83 alligators were removed from the resort. The following year, 57 alligators were captured. About 33 alligators were harvested in 2018 and 2019, state records show. In 2020, another 46 alligators were plucked from Walt Disney World waterways.

2 Likes

OMG I know about this

This whole thread is about being silly. Work with me.

3 Likes

oppsā€¦ sorry :upside_down_face::laughing:

I have only seen an alligator once on Disney property. It was on a golf course at SoG

2 Likes

Chapek should just levy a reptile surcharge on the gators for using Deluxe lagoons.
Then theyā€™d all head over to Universal like everyone else.

13 Likes