The Bad Advice Thread

OH… I didn’t think you were doubting. I was totally impressed w/ appliances! My one DD said it looked nicer than her place :wink: My only complaint was that the front loading doors on w/d were facing the wrong way. Dumb complaint. My DH said the king bed was too short.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry to be there bearer of bad news! I’m going to miss it too. I never took it all that seriously, but it was fun every once in awhile!

2 Likes

We took our first family trip when kids were DD6 and DS9. My wife and I hadn’t been to WDW for 15 years or so.

We strolled unthinkingly onto The Great Movie ride with our only thought being we’d warn DD before the Alien scene and avert her eyes.

Well, we get put in the first row of the ride. CM guide is nice… then the gangster CM takes over the ride (we completely forgot about this) fires off his gun during his spiel, walks up next to my DD, looks down, says “Hi Kid!” and then drives us off.

Took us a few minutes to get DD to understand it was part of the ride and just a performance.

She is DD14 now and still calls us out on it. :smiley:
#parentfail

screaming

7 Likes

So funny.

1 Like

Hey @Jeff_AZ, I can imagine a couple of reasons why this might be bad advice, but for someone with limited WDW experience (moi), can you enlighten?

1 Like

“You may find a better poncho but you’ll never pay more than at Disney!” is likely the summation of that advice. Yes, you can buy one onsite, but they aren’t cheap…

2 Likes

They are super expensive relative to what you can buy online in bulk (like the price of one is as much as a package of 20 from Amazon). And by the time you buy it, it may be too late to keep you dry. Better to have a cheap one in your bag at all times.

That said, Disney’s ponchos are sturdy and if it’s your only option, better than getting soaked.

2 Likes

I think I have one lying around in the original packaging, purchased from somewhere on Main St.
By the time we got through the line and bought it, the rain had stopped.

4 Likes

I prefer umbrellas… but not the mini sized ones that Disney gift shops sell.

2 Likes

It is a still from American psycho. They guys looks alright but if you’ve seen the movie you know he is crazy evil.

1 Like

I will go back and read it all but top 3… 1)make a very, aggressive TP don’t worry if TP says you may not do it all, trust me, you will get it all done (this is where I set them up for failure to stay on track and miss rides and also enjoy the thought of panic attacks in the park). 2) ADR reservations are not necessary. Just go and wherever you want to eat will be a walk up. (This is where I make sure they miss the best dining experiences) 3) You can get to any show up to 10 mins after the show starts, maximize your time and plan this, there is always a preshow, like the previews at the movies, you wont miss anything (this is where I make sure they do not see 1 single show)

1 Like