The Bad Advice Thread

I think it was true in the beginning??? I was never brave enough either.

3 Likes

Yes it was true but then everyone started doing it so they stopped.

3 Likes

ok… that’s what I remembered but I was doubting myself :wink:

2 Likes

To be fair, the majority of the time I have done Kali I have managed to be on the “dry side” and truly only get splashed a little. It seems like you are either almost completely dry or look like Remy after the sewer river with that one. Very little middle ground.

2 Likes

Wait, what?! I live 50 minutes north of Pittsburgh!!!

3 Likes

Since their ban is on “loose ice,” you simply need to have the ice in a Ziploc bag. That is very acceptable.

4 Likes

Well that’s easy :wink:

2 Likes

For those of us who don’t stay in places with fridges with real freezers, I can’t re-freeze any reusable ice packs. I get the free ice from the hotel ice machines, and have it in Ziploc bags.

3 Likes

Oh, I wonder if they had problems with people having leaking coolers then?

3 Likes

One theory had to do with safety when people dumped ice near walkways/parking lots. Another theory had to do with going through security, and the security staff plunging their hands into the ice to search the cooler (similar to searching bags), and not being able to see what was really there.

4 Likes

Oh, yep. That seems mostly likely now that you mention it.

2 Likes

Cool! I was looking at neighborhoods North of Pgh as well, we could have been neighbors!

1 Like

Oh, I hadn’t heard about that one! :cry: My kids really liked it.

Here’s my advice:

You’re on vacation. Sleep in and relax! The rides will still be there regardless of when you get to the park.

Since WDW is in FL, you want to make sure you take advantage of the cool ocean breezes in the afternoon. Best time of day to be there.

The MK parking lot is really far from the park, so be sure to drop your party off in the bus area.

The mini golf is a must! Make sure you spend a whole day there.

WDW consistently has the best food, especially in the MK. Wait until you’re hungry and just stop by anywhere that sells food. All of the restaurants and carts sell equally delicious fare.

6 Likes

Don’t waste money on expensive drinks. Florida tap water is not only safe to drink but delicious, too. Fill up a gallon bottle from the tap in your hotel room and it will last you all day long #savings

9 Likes

Oh that’s evil, I love it :joy:

4 Likes

I feel bad. I’m going to update my advice.

Florida state law mandates that Disney World must supply fresh, chilled drinking water to anyone who asks for it. They keep bottles of Disani in all the gift shops. Just take one from the chiller cabinet and you’re good to go.

4 Likes

There was filtered water in our DVC room at OKW… it was awesome!

1 Like

You mention this and also a front-of-door ice machine. I had neither in my 2BR. Interesting.

We bought 2 flats of water over the course of our 10 days and drank or used every drop.

2 Likes

1 Like

Wasn’t doubting you. Noting differences in appliances.

Also not sure if my cabinets were wainscotting like that or plain. Will have to check.

Curious how products may have changed as the refurb progressed a couple of years back.

1 Like