The 45 day calm

Once you get on the bus the ride would be almost always under 25 minutes. The longest bus ride I have times at AKL I think was 26 minutes to MK. The longest ride I ever actually timed was Poly to HS. The Poly bus left the Poly, went to GF, dropped off and picked up guests, and then went to HS. Since AKL do not go to that second resort the transpiration time is reduced.

Thanks. Itā€™s good to know thereā€™s a plus side to itā€™s location.

2 Likes

Iā€™m planning to take the buses as much as I can. BUT if we are feeling anxious about time, Iā€™ll call a minnie van for MK or Uber for others. We bought this tiny little travel booster for those cases. I am guessing once we get there, after the 1st day, weā€™ll understand the bus schedule a little better and be able to adjust. As we all do, I love to plan!! So I keep wondering if I"ll need to leave my AKL room an hour before we want to get to a park or 45 minutes, or 5 minute walk from our room + 25 min ride to park = 30 minā€¦ but assume once we get there weā€™ll use the app to see bus times and figure it all out.

Wow. I hadnā€™t seen those boosters. Those are small. The bubblebum is small but still quite bulky to carry all day (Iā€™ve done that before in New Orleans). Iā€™ll have to see if it makes sense to have that one as the back up to the back up! Iā€™ll be sure to post my experience at AKL.

1 Like

Go through what DD10 has outgrown since last summer, which usually means a few new outfits, bathing suit before vacation. New shoes for both of us so they can be broke in. Tweak FPP and TS if we didnā€™t get the times wanted. Make up out contact sheets for family/luggage insert. Get our TS and FPP plans printed out. Then visit the local amusement park a couple times to get in coaster time.

4 Likes

We bought this tiny little travel booster for those cases.

So I did end up getting a mifold. It was helpful for the times we took Lyft spontaneously as I always had it in my backpack or in the stroller storage. My daughter did not love it and found it painful for her butt. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

One thing we did come across was that no one knows what these are. We even had TSA pull it out to inspect it as they didnā€™t recognize it.

Ha! Thatā€™s so funny. Did it cause any problems? Do Lyft drivers give you a hard time about ā€œnot having a boosterā€ and youā€™re like but THIS is a booster? Or no?

I just explained it was a belt positioning system. I got more questions about it back home than in FL.