The 45 day calm

We are morning people. I don’t particularly ENJOY waking up at 5 AM but we wake up at 5 Mon-Fri to get ourselves to work and all 3 kiddos out the door every morning. So, we are used to it. I didn’t plan on doing Early Morning Magic AT ALL when I first planned my trip days. Then I added it for Fantasyland AND Toy Story Land, which makes for lot of early mornings… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Then go for it! Like I said, only you know your family… and it looks like you guys are headed to bed pretty early every night.

Overall, this time around I want to make sure that I don’t overdo it, that I don’t push my kids to do much, and that I allow everyone plenty of time to get sleep, swim and do the other non-park things I know they love. That’s my pledge based on my own experience of doing just the opposite before!

Oh, and to answer your original question, @Laura_hastings, in my planning downtime, I “walk” the parks virtually via Street view on Google Maps.

3 Likes

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that does this!

5 Likes

You’re right. Overdoing it would make everyone miserable. I am 100% okay with being flexible and adjusting as needed. Other than our EMM days, if everyone throws pillows at me when I try to wake them up at 5 AM singing “Let it Go!” with full choreography, I can adjust!

4 Likes

I think you are forgetting the most important thing during this time period: figuring out what souvenir you plan to buy me. I mean really. Don’t you think I deserve it.

2 Likes

@ryan1 I already know EXACTLY what I’m buying you.

1 Like

what a great idea

1 Like

ehhhh I would say yes… but I’ve been awake at 4AM after going to bed at 12 the evening before (not intentionally) and did the whole day sooooo

(10) (are we on 10?) Do you have your apps ready for F&G Festival? Lines?
(11) Last minutes supplies? Batteries, credit card holder on cell phone, printed out plans?
(12) Mousekeeping envelops?
(13) small bills for tips and trinkets?

2 Likes

Music podcasts pack

A muzzle?

1 Like

What apps do you suggest? I have the lines app and downloaded the Food and Wine app but the F&W just feels like a big list of food. Maybe I have the wrong one?

Disney Cargo shorts of course!

5 Likes

Memorize park maps. Plan what you’re ordering including drinks at each restaurant.

2 Likes

We’ll be there May 26-June 4 so I’m right there with you! Funny though, after looking at your plans we aren’t at the same parks on any of the days. 39 days from tomorrow! I’m working on figuring out what room to request and starting my packing lists. Can’t come soon enough!

2 Likes

I’m in this calm, and I’ve slowly been updating my warm weather wardrobe, which needed to be updated anyway. Some shopping, some sewing, and that keeps me busy. In fact, I’m getting worried that I won’t have my new skirts done in time…

1 Like

Also thinking of doing some themed movie weekends to get us ready. The original Cinderella on a Friday night followed up by the live action version on Saturday night. Same with Beauty and the Beast the next weekend.

We also need to rewatch Avatar.

2 Likes

We’ve been raiding out library for this. Had to catch my son up on the classics (btw, I had somehow completely forgotten about all the smoking and drinking in Pinocchio. THAT took some explaining)

are we really going down the cargo shorts/capris/pants Rabbit Hole again?! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Haha! I feel like there are a lot of us going at this time. I’ll be there May 25-June 4. I am getting super paranoid about the crowds for Memorial Day, though… trust in the touring plans, I suppose!

2 Likes