That post-Disney feeling

I just got back and feel weird. It’s like a detox. I spent 10 months planning and obsessing and now it’s over and I don’t know what to do with myself. I made extensive notes on my way back for future reference.
Everything went as well as could be expected with a 2 and 4 yo. DD4 whined a bit more than I thought and was scared on tame rides (Magic carpets, FEA etc) which disappointed me a bit because I thought she’d love them but I know she had a blast.
Everyone is glad to be home thought. I don’t plan on returning for 3 years. Too exhausting and expensive.
How do you cope with post-Disney blues?

5 Likes

I plan another trip ASAP

8 Likes

3 years from now?? Lol

1 Like

I’ve been having this same problem. Our trip in 4 years has turned into a trip in 2 years. The only solution I’ve found is planning another trip.

3 Likes

Hanging out on the forum. Reading other people’s trip reports. Listening to podcasts. I think these help.

5 Likes

I can relate. I spent the same amount of time planning our trip. I had to decompress and not Disney when I got back because it was too depressing. I only did that for a few months and then got back to it. I’m now starting to plan our next trip, which unfortunately won’t be until 2021. :slight_smile: How did the RD at HS go? Which rides did you do?

This forum helps a lot. We frequent Disneyland but that rarely requires much planning so after our April 2016 WDW trip I went through the same thing, even though my first words to my family as we were talking about a “next time” on our way home was that I needed a 6 month break from all the intense planning, I still found myself at a complete loss with what to do with the time I had previously filled with obsessively Disney planning.

Since my detox, I’ve starting the planning motions for 2 WDW trips (last year & this) that didn’t end up panning out financially & one of which we would’ve been eligible to use a pin code for- that was painful to let go but also wasn’t as amazing as a deal as I would’ve thought!

Anyway, in doing so I’ve been able to keep up with SO MUCH that has changed since and have plenty of drafts of plans for what I’d like to fit in for our next trip (tentatively Fall 2020) and so even if you have zero intentions of actually making a trip, once you’ve recovered from the level of intensity & commitment, there’s an element of fun in drafting imaginary plans of ADRs, park days, FPPs & in imaginary scenarios there’s no budget to break either so you can plan all the things!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Oh man yea that feeling is bad… it gets better as time goes on… and then you’ll get close enough to plan
The next one. Disney is just a happy carefree place so it is shock when back in the real world.

1 Like

I updated that thread. Walk on AS2 then 10 minutes for TSM. RD was chaotic but not aggressive.

1 Like

My TP subscription is up in July. I don’t really have a need for it past then but part of me wants to keep. I should “let it go”.

1 Like

It is so hard. It’s like there is a void where all that planning time was. Lol.

I get you on feeling fatigued and wanting a break. Our last trip was in February. I said it’d be 2-3 years before our next one when we left. Three months later, we’re DVC members and heading back in July. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

:scream: This is not what Elsa meant by “let it go”!

Like you, I came for the planning, but I stay for the conversation! Hope you decide to stay! :grinning:

11 Likes

We took our first trip with DD (2 at the time) in May 2018 and said we would return in two years. We planned a super last minute trip for October 2018 and we’re going again in November :rofl: It’s addicting!

1 Like

I have a relative who is about 32 and she and her husband go every year sometimes twice. They also bought a DVC property. She said she was going to skip a year maybe two. Fat chance! Here it is 6 months from her last trip and she booked to go back. She is a true mouse addict and could never stay away that long. Now I and my wife go like once a year and usually in the early spring. Our winters here in ND are hard but we decided to skip a year and wait till next spring. Bad decision! Couldn’t wait to book any longer so we did MVT and are going back in October of this year, then again in April of next year. How do you get over the Disney Blues? You start planning another trip right away and live the dream all over again. Feel the Bubble :heart_eyes::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Do you need to have a membership to TP in order to access the forums?

My opinion is I am usually so relieved with my WDW trips are over. I make my photo albums over the next few months, but mostly I like that I can focus on all the things I’d been overlooking/neglecting at home. I always feel like “where was all this free time before?”

1 Like

No.

You can read but not participate in the discussion

If you let your subscription run out, when you come to plan your next trip you will be lost because of all the changes!

2 Likes

So lurkers are truly lurkers?
Good to know in advance. :+1:
I normally only buy a subscription on the years I intend to travel.

1 Like

Haha, this was my thought as well. I’m renewing this week because I’d definitely be back in 6 months to start planning our next trip and I might as well just keep up with everything between now and then.

1 Like