Thank you! -- and a stupid question

Personally I find flip flops way too uncomfortable. I wore my comfiest sandals all day and was just fine. It’s very hot, so even after it rains you dry quickly.

I think it would be costly but there are really comfortable hiking sandals made for a lot of walking. There are also a couple of makers like Clark’s that give extra support.

The thought of walking around Disney in flips is making my feet hurt sitting at my desk. I never bother to carry extra shoes around with me all day. If there is rain in the forecast I will wear my water proof hiking shoes. Super comfortable and able to make it thru a Florida thunderstorm dry. Other days I will wear sneakers. None with open mesh cause if you do get caught in and unexpected shower the water will just pour in.

Ditto - my husband swears by his ecco sandals

Ive said it before but if I had my way socks with sandals would be totally cool and way “in”. I need the comfort/cushion of socks, but if it rained I could pull them off and keep them dry. If for some reason I went to Disney all by myself I’d be rocking that look for sure. If I wore that with my family I would never hear the end of it.

1 Like

My teenagers would never speak to me again! :slight_smile: But, if Disney sold waterproof socks, they might change their minds.

You and I are in the same page. I just ordered flip flops for our august trip as well. I am curious to see how others reply. Thank you for all of your great questions. Sometimes other people have the questions you don’t think to think of. I hope you have a great trip and that you are able to tolerate the heat and humidity.

1 Like

I’ve been wearing them most of my life (not my regular choice of shoe though!) and still get the blisters between the toes. I wouldn’t plan on wearing flip flops any longer than absolutelynecessary.

I would get your pair of flip flops wet and see how they do. I have a pair that do great when wet and another that get too slippery to walk straight in. Good luck!

Flip flops too awkward and painful

We walked through thunderstorm weather and puddles in normal trainers/sneakers etc no problem at all

You can avoid most of the puddles

Be sure to test them for the condition you plan to use them.

Soak 'em down and walk around on pavement. I have flip flops that become very dangerous to walk in when wet. The treads are not really designed to grip.

Pavement, tile floors, wood decks…all potential slip & fall areas in the wrong footwear.

If the ones you have have good rubber grip, you’ll be ok on that front.

Well, it turns our that flip flops aren’t for me.

So, now I’ve ordered these. Hopefully they’re light and squash down reasonably flat. And are comfy!

1 Like

I find these a bit easier to walk in but do highly recommend the TEVAs

Those make my feet comfy just looking at them! It almost makes me wish i could tolerate carrying something besides chapstick into the parks with me.

1 Like

Sounds like your plan is to wear them after your others get wet correct? So you will be wearing them in a wet environment? Plastic & rubber are very slippery when wet or sweaty. I’d be walking thru puddles to get acquainted with how they perform before I’d risk a twisted ankle at Disney. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I bought Crocs for my whole family.
I’ve been using them for like a month now, and they are pretty comfortable even if you end up using them for a long time.
They are, like those ones that you bought now, not straight, so that plant support really does make a difference.
The best thing about these Crocs that we got is that it has an ankle strap that you can move out of the way if you want to use them as flip flops, or put it back in place for those rides where they could fly away if you’re not careful.
BTW, I’m a tennis shoes kinda guy, never wear flip flops, but Crocs seem cool enough so far.

My problem with Crocs (which were my first choice) is that they are huge to carry around and I found they rubbed the top of my foot if I used them for more than about twenty minutes.

These look like something you may wish to ditch the trainers for and wear the whole time. However, in the rain they may be dangerous. Definitely test that when you get them.

I love my sketchers sandals and wear them all the time during summer - which is about 8 months here in SC.

Well, the green Reebok sliders didn’t work out! Way too tight. Correct size lengthwise, but the loop is just too tight for my foot.

I’ve now gone full-insane and have two alternative shoes on their way for delivery tomorrow. I’m getting good at doing returns!

Why is this so hard?!

Not sure what you ordered, but my recommendation is to invest in a really good walking sandal, hence eliminating the need to carry an extra pair of shoes. I got a sandal (earth origins) and it took me through a day at Universal Studios Hollywood. Not sure if that brand has men’s but I am sure there is something similar. It is my favorite go to warm weather shoe! I was more comfortable in them that tennis shoes/ trainers. My Keen sandals are great protection when I spend the day at the lake or river, but I cannot walk extreme distances in them. My husband is a first responder and has a cool pair of water shoes for water rescue that look like trainers, but are mostly mesh. That might be a good option.

1 Like