Target REDCard Woes

Yes thank you @JJT. I keep forgetting that!

1 Like

They should increase your limit over time. I started low, but I was able to purchase $3000 in one go two weeks ago. One thing to remember is to make sure to give them time to process their settlement, because you can’t use the card until it is done. I bought mine on a Wednesday, and needed to buy $1500 more to pay off the trip. The next Tuesday, even though the money was taken out of my account on Thursday, had not settled on Target’s end. That really stunk because it was my payoff date. I ended up getting the rest from Sam’s as I already had a membership there for work. I did buy the $10 BJ’s online membership, but it didn’t help because they only offered physical gift cards.

We ended up buying At Sams coupled with Dosh; and finished up by buying cards from BJs. We were only able to buy one card at Target. We’re going to cancel the Red card. Weren’t very impressed by their customer service.

Yeah, don’t be like me and put them ALL on your account at once when you check in. I think the CM wanted to strangle me, as did every person behind me in line!

You can actually go to disneygiftcard.com and combine them. You can put up to $1000 on each card. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I combined them as I purchased them. When a card reached $1000, I paid $1000 on my build. Removed the card, and started over on the next one. Finally paid it all off on Friday when I received the cards from BJs. :wink:

4 Likes

That should say bill. And here I am typing on a computer, not my phone. I need some sleep. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I paid for everything with gift cards from BJ’s except for the deposit, because I did not know about them at the time. Room, tickets, DDP, and even tips. I was there for 7 day and I had a $100 bill in my wallet and I left with it. That was a great feeling to go on vacation and not have to worry about money because I had everything paid for ahead of time and what was not I knew about because of all of you. Our meals were all paid for and I figured out how much of a tip I needed before hand and had gift cards for that too. The only thing I could not predict was soverneres but Disney provided that with two $50 gift cards one for opting out of maid service and one because they screwed up my reservations.

1 Like

Excellent idea! I’m not sure that service was available when I did that. I certainly will take advantage of it this time!

1 Like