Target REDCard Woes

No it’s not. Dining plan or direct charge to your credit card (not your room) only.

1 Like

Oh, One other Dosh warning: the fine print says that GCs are not eligible for cash back, but all reports online (and some on Lines chat) say they do work for Disney GCs.

BTW, NDR but I’ve been playing around with various rewards programs: have a triple threat going with Dosh right now: They’ve just added Exxon/Mobil back into the app with a 3% reward. I just joined the Exxon rewards program so for next month I am getting 15 points for every gallon, plus I have my Disney Visa (1% return) linked to Dosh. So I’m getting something like 3% + 1% + 2% or perhaps more return whenever we fill up our cars.

2 Likes

Do you know if you can pay via gift card when charging something to your room? Like, do you know if you can go on check out day and pay for your room charges with a gift card?

Yes, but you should go every night and pay the balance with the GC. That’s what I’ve heard others say.

2 Likes

Please do. Can you send the link via PM or do you need my email address? Or is it something you can post here for others to use?

1 Like

I’ll PM you, don’t believe TP likes to have referrals on forum posts.

1 Like

Like someone else said, you would have to go to the front desk at your resort and pay the charges incurred from your magic band or room charges with the GC before the amount got to the limit where it charges the card on file.

2 Likes

I’ve paid our room charges with gift cards the last two times we went. I don’t remember going to pay daily. The first trip, we were there 6 days, and the 2nd, 4 days. So, maybe we just hadn’t hit our limit.
We just went down, the night before checkout, and paid the balance with gift cards.

Now, we didn’t have a lot of expenses other than food. We’re not big shoppers. Also, I think they did a good job splitting up the charges for us, the 2nd trip, so that we could pay some of the room charges and my parents could pay others.
It was super convenient… so much so that I’m considering skipping mobile ordering on this trip so that we can use it again.

1 Like

Just in case, the resort desk CMs will refund your credit card and allow you to pay with gift cards if your card has been charged. We often pay our hotel charges with gift cards. Disney had charged our card after it hit a certain limit. We had been planning to pay off balance every few days during trip but had not yet done this. We went to front desk with a gift card and they refunded the card on file, allowed us to pay with gift card balance, and then we returned every so often on the trip to pay with gift cards. It is easier to use gift cards before they charge your card but they were more than willing to allow us to use gift cards even after the charge had gone through.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @JJT! Forgot about the $20 max, but that’s okay, didn’t go too much past. We’ll remember for the next time. We have enough to pay for our 1st split stay at Pop.

Another question, @JJT: does Dosh work for buying stuff online at Sams? Or just in person?

I’ve seen several reports specifically on Disney-focused sites reporting that the Dosh cash back was for in store purchases only.

I’m not sure if somehow that has to do with the Disney gift card purchases, or if that info is an official stance that just isn’t being enforced(?)

I tend to think the latter is the case - I haven’t bought any Disney GCs there at all yet, but I did buy my son an Xbox gift card online and received Dosh for it immediately.

Wonder if anyone else has any other reports?

BTW if you do go in store, watch for Sam’s deals in their Scan & Go app. I just had one where I bought more than $50 in Bounty paper towels and other items and Sam’s is supposed to send me a $10 gift card.

1 Like

Thanks!

Updating my link since Target changed the way they offer their digital gift cards!

I just did this online yesterday with success, and I am not a BJs member.

First, I added the $10 online membership to my cart. Then, put 10 of the $100 GC in the cart.
Went to checkout and deleted the membership fee and paid $919.90 for $1000.00 worth of cards.

Used my Discover card also, so I should get the 5% back at some time.

Got confirmation today that they shipped out. I might do it again.

2 Likes

I also did this yesterday. I bought the membership, though…I didn’t see a way around it. Oh well. I got $1500 of gift cards for $1380 plus the $10 fee. No shipping confirmation yet.

1 Like

The Discover 5% cash back showed up in the earned calendar for me shortly after charges changed from processing/pending status. I think the money will be available next billing cycle. I ordered 10 additional cards as the price dropped from 95.99 to 91.99. This is a killer deal with the stacked 5%.

1 Like

If you have the time the Sam’s discount with Dosh APP and discover or chase freedom will get you around 14%. Remember you only get 5% cashback up to $1500 for the QTR on your credit card.

2 Likes

That’s better than the 12.6% BJ’s is with Discover. Wife and I both have Discover cards so we could conceivably get up to $3000 in gift cards this quarter. Hoping first quarter 2019 includes wholesale clubs like 2018. Also hoping BJ’s holds this new price

1 Like

Just a point for everyone following: Dosh does not work with Discover card at this time.

1 Like