Tapu Tapu "Stacking"

I remember having a conversation some time ago about using Tapu Tapu. I can’t remember who it was, but they explained how to stack return times w/out deleting reservations that are “ride now”. This way your afternoon can be filled with low waits while you RD slides all morning

I’ve searched thought a lot of topics and couldn’t find it. Anyone remember this?

It’s not a big deal. I’m going on a Tuesday when the crowds should be minimal. I just thought I’d try to do it and report back.

4 Likes

I think I was part of that conversation but I can’t recall exactly what was said. Maybe @Tall_Paul1 or @bebe80 remember?

2 Likes

Found it!

3 Likes

My issue was not using “VB” as a search term!! Silly me typing out “Volcano Bay” like an animal!!

Thanks!!

5 Likes

Here is the relevant strategy:

4 Likes

I has no idea this was a thing, wow!

1 Like

I went back and reread it. The reason I remember it so vividly is the “debate” over losing the VLP when booking a second. OP claims it won’t happen as long as the time for the VLP has passed.

I’ve never heard anyone else claim that you can stack at VB. I’ve only heard, “get one VLP, wait to use, then get another.” My research says only the most recent stays active.

I guess, I’ll get everyone an answer on Tuesday! (I’ll do it even if it “wastes / deletes” the VLP for the research!)

7 Likes

The last time we were there we used early entry and didn’t get a single return time. We only stayed about 4 hours though.

2 Likes

By the way, I found the thread by searching for “Tapu Tapu” only. It was like the 3rd or 4th result.

1 Like

Did you not try for one?

Everything was ride now the whole time,

4 Likes

Super awesome! Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

I’ve seen @Sophia818 mention this a couple of times, so I’m looking forward to trying it out.

4 Likes

I suspect it’s not going to be crazy busy next week. (I’ve been during this exact week in previous years)

IME - The week at the end of April through May 15th slow down after Spring / Easter breaks and before summer starts. (You can even see in the park hours calendar how they start to reduce hours for these weeks due to lower attendance.)

Hopefully, I won’t have many waits. Plus, I’m staying the whole day at VB on both Tues. & Friday. (Friday is the first day of Grad Bash. The parks close at 6pm, but get full of students by 4pm. I’m going into IOA that morning for EPA to ride VC a couple times and then taking it easy at VB to avoid the rush)

4 Likes

I tried to do this twice yesterday. It 100% does not work. If you have one VLP and try to get another even hours after it is ready you get a screen that says “keep ride xxxx or switch”. There are no other options.

You can carry the VLP as long as you want though as it says Ride Anytime and you can.

8 Likes

Thank you for trying! I was curious to see if it worked out or not for our May trip.

2 Likes

That is a bummer. I know it worked for us but that was a year and a half ago. At least it gave the warning.

3 Likes