Talk to this deluxe snob about values and mods! EDIT: WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

OK, just making sure you knew it was a possibility. I know a lot of places break is the week AFTER Easter unless Easter is really late. I’ve seen on other forums where people went over Passover when they differed thinking it would be slower since their Spring Break was after Easter only to discover LOTS of NY/NJ people because of break being over Passover.

Oh, no food court would be a problem…

AKL has the same issue.

All I can say as it’s the only two I’ve recently stayed in and by recent I mean as an adult and not in the early 90s when my family stayed at CBR when it first opened is I would never ever again stay at All Star Music and I liked the family suite just fine at AoA. The food court there was also good.

1 Like

I loooove AKL and I distinctly did not love Pop, mostly because the food court was loud and crowded and hectic at all times. Compared to the Mara it was jarring and chaotic. No food court is a deal-breaker though, so the status of that at AKL would be an issue for me too. That said, the beds at Pop were some of the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in (that pull-down Murphy bed was divine, whereas the pull-out sofa at AKL was absolutely terrible) and the Pop grounds are cute. Bus lines were long, but they were frequent and the Skyliner is a great option that I’m anxious to try. So it’s not so bad, just a really different vibe. DS12 (at the time) liked Pop a lot, actually.

We’ve stayed at all the moderate and value resorts and some deluxe. Our favorite value is all star movies because of the over-the-top theming. Our kids loved all the BIG movie icons, the adults love it too. If we were in a time crunch we took at Lyft. Our favorite moderate is Coronado quiet pool area and Port Orleans. If you have government access; Shades of Green rooms are deluxe size at value prices and you can walk to the poly

1 Like

DS is fixated on Toy Story atm. He would probably lose his mind at 35 ft tall Woody, lol.

2 Likes

And all the toy soldiers on top of the building :heart_eyes:

I would lean Pop over ASMo for the easy walking distance to AoA food court and the skyliner personally. Or Aruba in CBR for Riveria restaurants and the skyliner within walking distance to both locations.

Lol.
I pulled the trigger on pop preferred with the 35% off directly with Disney, but I also submitted a quote request to MVT for ASM.
Right now the $ difference is nominal, but if MVT has an exceptional deal for ASM I’ll go against my own impulse and book with their TA.
I’ve decided to make this almost a game and see how little I can spend to go to WDW, lol.

WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!! (AGAIN.:rofl:)

16 Likes

Also a deluxe snob…here’s my opinion. We loved GDT at Coronado. We’ve stayed there 3 times now and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. I agree with those who say it has a deluxe feel - the rooms felt so large.

We’ve done CBR once and while I would stay there again, that would mostly be because of the Skyliner access. I didn’t have the same ‘I love this room!’ feeling I had with GDT.

We had one of our worst stays ever at POFQ with so much going wrong (transportation, food, room and pool all gave us issues - it was a very trying vacation) but that was before the refurb and so many have had great stays there that I wonder if it was an anomaly. But it was so bad, I will never get DS or DH back there to find out.

POR was alright, but again, not our favorite.

I’ve done Pop and All Star Music once, not a fan, rooms were just way too small.

All this being said, I usually have every intention of saving money by booking a moderate and I end up switching to a deluxe before the trip.

5 Likes

Had to do a double take that this wasn’t me posting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Lol me too. And this last year having discovered I can rent points for DVC for less than or slightly more depending on the DVC than a moderate well I don’t know if I’ll ever again not stay deluxe.

4 Likes

I’m the opposite. I usually book Deluxe and then change to Mod or even Value. LOL. My trip that’s coming up in Feb has been at virtually every resort (not SSR, OKW, or BCV but others that are open I think I’ve had the reservation at all of them) - especially if you count the Jaunary trip that got merged in there since it’s not happening. It started at Poly Villas, then got changed because of the construction - which was just the catalyst for bouncing around. As it is, I’m 95% sure I’m settled on GDT (which has actually been on the res 3-4 times before). LOL.

July is staying at Poly though. Only reason that will change is if they get behind on the refurb/construction and move me. I’m making my preference order list of places I’d like my TA to push for if they do that though - I’m sure they’ll probably try to stick me at GF and I just do not feel like I’d be able to relax and have fun at a place that feels so stuffy to me. I’m not that fancy.

1 Like

GF was actually our least favorite of the Deluxes we stayed at. It did seem stuffy and the room decor did not appeal to us. (We have not done OKW or SSR).

1 Like

Oh I have no desire to return to SSR - my dad likes it, but it feels like any golf condo community to me. OKW just seems way too spread out.

But the slide is amazing! :rofl:

2 Likes

For which? I really don’t do pools - and especially slides. So all that is lost on me.

OKW - the pool slide is amazing, if you are into that sort of thing.

2 Likes

Paddock Pool slide too