Talk Thirty to Me: the Disney Edition

Hi all! I’ve been a long-time lurker on here but have recently started emerging from my cocoon over the last few months. It’s such a fun and welcoming community! I’ve loved reading everyone’s trip reports, and have decided to try my hand at my own. It could be an absolute failure, as I have no idea what my attention span will be once my family arrives :joy:. But here goes nothing!

The group on this trip is me (30), DSis (38), and DBiL (32). We’re a bunch of childless millennials :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I know it sounds like a weird third wheel type situation, but we travel so well together and honestly DBiL is the brother I always wanted growing up. So we’re all super close and happy to spend some quality time together! I’m flying down from Nashville today (!) and they’re arriving tomorrow morning from Birmingham, and we’ll be there until 4/28.

The reason for the trip: my 30th birthday! We last stayed at Disney (Boardwalk) in 2019 for my BiL’s 30th and had a blast, so I wanted to do the same for mine. Only a different hotel this time - AKL Kidani. We have 2 savanna studio rooms and I couldn’t be more excited. This is a bucket list hotel for me, so there will be lots of squealing and general merriment over any and all animal sightings.

We’re a very laid back bunch, several of the people on here would probably get very bored Disneying with us haha we’re far more focused on food and beverages (both alcohol and non) than on rides. Though there are definitely some rides we love and will absolutely do! But we tend to take a relaxed pace and only have loose plans. And almost definitely no rope dropping.

Looking over this I’ve realized it’s a wall of text so I’m going to stop now! I know this trip report will absolutely pale in comparison to the likes of @OBNurseNH, but I hope it ends up bringing someone enjoyment like so many of the ones I’ve read! Happy Friday!

44 Likes

Which is awesome!! Hope you have a shirt that says that.
Have a great trip!! Happy Birthday!!

(I live in the Nashville area too).

9 Likes

Thanks!! Oh wow we 100% need shirts that say that! I can’t believe I don’t have one yet :scream:.

And awesome, I thought I’d seen hints of the Nashville area in your trip reports but didn’t want to assume or sound like a stalker :joy:. It’s a nice easy airport!

5 Likes

Unless stupid SW cancels your flight and you end up driving to Disney (I might still be bitter–sorry).

10 Likes

Totally understandable! I was panicked after I read what happened to you. I’ve probably checked my flight 6 times a day since your debacle. So far so good, should be boarding soon

6 Likes

My first trip was as part of a trio of childless Boomers. Otherwise known as B.C. - before children. Have a great time!

8 Likes

Oops–didn’t mean to cause panic. Despite my bitterness I will probably still book on SW because it has the most direct options.

3 Likes

Oh no I appreciated it, made me consider what I would do in that situation whereas if I hadn’t read about what happened to you I would have been at a total loss. 14 hours driving last minute alone would have been tough

3 Likes

I couldn’t do it alone. I didn’t do any of the driving actually. :joy:

3 Likes

Hooray! We love new trip reporters!! And happy birthday!

I also celebrated my 30th birthday in Disney as a childless gen xer more than a decade ago. It was the absolute best. I wore a tiara. You should, too.

9 Likes

I suppose I should confess that my birthday was actually end of March but with spring break crowds our trip got scheduled for a month later. I’m claiming it anyway :grin:

9 Likes

Oooooo I love tiaras, I might have to see if I can find one that’ll fit an adult head in the parks

5 Likes

You can definitely still claim that!

2 Likes

I once found a big selection in the glass/jewelry shop at Germany in EP, Kunstarbeit in Kristall.

4 Likes

Uploading: 1109419B-E6BA-46AF-BAF6-72A7D896BFC1.jpeg…

Using my special Disney big/travel purse and in my seat on the plane - it’s official, we’re going to Disney!

2 Likes

Have a great trip!

1 Like

We love trip reports! Have fun!

2 Likes

So not sure if I did something wrong uploading the picture, or if it’s just cause I tried to do it on a plane :thinking:

1 Like

Have fun! My bff and I (also childless millennials) are planning for her 30th bday trip next year!

4 Likes

17 Likes