Taking on the World - Solo January 2022

Dd20 arrived in Dubuque safely. I replied with this…

19 Likes

A lot of VIP tours here at MK today. I knew one even w/o seeing the CM because the group all has matching VIP shirts.

3 Likes

No offense if anyone has ever done this, but I find that in poor taste. LOL

5 Likes

Agreed, which is why I mentioned it.

3 Likes

I kinda agree, a bit of “nanni nanni boo boo”

4 Likes

I would so do that.

7 Likes

what does this mean? they literally are wearing shirts that say VIP??

There are tons more plaids out in the World (and the Land) nowadays. I think people are noping right out of the upcharges and going big with this to have an epic day, shortening up their overall trip, and taking it easy the other days.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

This is what we did-ish. It took off ALL of the pressure to perfectly plan with an imperfect system (genie).

It ended up being the highlight of the trip and was requested again by DS.

I can’t get DH to do matching shirts even if I begged. When we were dating, we would constantly promise each other we would never force that on the other.

That being said, I adore that @sanstitre_has_left_the_building would do it.

6 Likes

You should all watch the VIP episode of Black-ish. Actually, you should watch all of the episodes because it’s really good but I don’t know anyone else who’s watched it or is even willing to watch it.

7 Likes

I’ve seen a few episodes, including most of the one where they went to Disney World (which I think is the VIP episode you’re referring to). It’s a good show. :+1:

3 Likes

Unacceptable

2 Likes

I may have watched the whole thing but I don’t remember. LOL

1 Like

It just started it’s final season…

1 Like

No problem with the VIP tours at all… in fact, I would love to do one.

These were a group with matching, custom made t-shirts that said VIPs on the breast pocket area of the front of the shirt.

A plaid tour always struck me as a little classy and understated. These shirts were the exact opposite.

4 Likes

You’re a disgrace.

I’ve seen the episode a dozen times. I never tire of it. And the WDW episode of The Middle.

3 Likes

DS has watched this Black-ish episode multiple times leading up to our trip. He’s also a big fan of the monopoly episode. Mixed-ish is pretty good too and does an excellent job of representing that unique experience in that particular time period.

4 Likes

Here’s a photo of me in the t-shirt I wear when I’m on a VIP tour.

6 Likes

For those who like Black-ish, you should check out Black AF on Netflix. The creator of Black-ish stars in it. Very funny.

Can’t wait to see Minnie in her outfit. And kudos to that CM for giving you a magical moment.

7 Likes

Yup. Love this one too!

1 Like