Taking on the World - Solo January 2022

Since Preflight closed, I’ve been shopping around. I tried Parking Spot (expensive but nice) and Colonial (Cheap, but leaves your car exposed and I came back to it covered in some kinda dust).

What’d you end up going with (you don’t have to answer until you’re back if you’re un comfotable)

I miss preflight :weary: We tried Park N Fly in November and they were pretty good. My only complaint was it farther from the airport and more difficult to get to from 95 than Preflight was. We just recently found out you can park in short term at PHL as long as you want since economy is still closed. I think were going to try that in February.

1 Like

Ecomony isn’t coming back. They put out an announcement they’re turning that into businesses or something?

I ididn’t know about the short term thing though…how much is that per day? I like to try and keep a 9 day stay under $100.

We used to use Winner. I loved that they dropped you off at the airport in your own car and you could leave from the airport when you returned. They aren’t open.:worried:

Did some research and ended up with Jetstream for about $55 for five days. The other two that were highly recommended (have to go look up what they were) were both over $75.

1 Like

hahah I don’t have an automatic, so I can’t use Winner. They uh… have an issue :smirk:

Interested in hearing what you think about Jetstream when you get back!

1 Like

Hey @LTinNC82 taught me to check my MDE for my room number b/c sometimes the room is ready and you’ll have a room number in there even if you don’t get a text telling you. It’s worth a try…

4 Likes

On the bus to MK!

Wearing the new band (that arrived after I left for my October trip). Kind of annoyed that the castle graphic is on the outside of my arm.

They are playing Small World on the bus!

:grin:

… and note to self. Don’t play games on the phone during the flight, and drain the batter before hitting the park!

17 Likes

Flip it… that’s what I do to see fozzy bear on my fav Muppet MB :wink:

5 Likes

Or bring an external battery
Or fly JetBlue which allows you to plug in while in flight (that was neat)

4 Likes

Checked about five times while scarfing doen my lunch.

2 Likes

I think it might be $16 a day. i’ll have to check.

1 Like

This. I always wear my band “flipped”.

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I often wear my MB’s “backwards” so that I can see the cool picture. I really don’t care what other people see! :rofl:

Edit: I should have read on! I am clearly not the only one who does this!

4 Likes

Dh gave me his super duper one to use (and I have my regular one too). It is topping off now.

Dh said it holds so much charge I won’t have to plug the charger in all weekend. I laughed at him! :rofl:

2 Likes

I used Smart Park twice and was very happy with that company. Last time was 9 days and it was $87 total.

1 Like

I once parked at an off-site lot at SeaTac and came back from Mexico in the middle of the night to find that a) my car had been smashed; and b) the lot had taken it upon themselves to start the repairs at a sub-par body shop. My insurance wouldn’t cover it because no pics of original damage or damaged parts. It was a mess. I probably could have sued them, but who wants to do that! I ended up letting the sub-par body shop finish the job, but I am very distrustful and try to avoid parking at the airport now.

4 Likes

I have an INIU Model B1-B1 and it is fabulous. It charges up quickly and then can power my phone (or other accessories) all day without issue. I’ve never run it completely “dry” and that’s a full park day open to past close (solo - my fam can’t hang).

1 Like

I would avoid it too, but i don’t have anyone to pick me up and drop me off at the weird hours I fly.

And ubers are unreliable and exxxxxpensive at those hours.

1 Like

Grabbed a 1:55 Small World (don’t judge, It’s my favorite!) at 11:30. I could have looked for one at 11, but I was getting dropped off then and had to make other decisions!

6 Likes