Taking another look at DVC Ownership

Actually, Aulani has the highest incentive!

This is 100% correct.

1 Like

You have to also consider the dues:

2 Likes

I would never buy Aulani bc then I’d never have an 11 month advantage on any WDW resort. I want that advantage somewhere in WDW and not a resort I’ll probably never actually visit.

4 Likes

Our home resort is Aulani and I haven’t had any problems getting a room on wdw property

3 Likes

@poohfanclub , you have looked at all the point charts? Do you want the 11 month advantage at a higher point value resort? Looking at both Riviera and GFV are those 1 bedrooms up to 30 points a night more than some other resorts?

3 Likes

You’re in a little bit of a different position than the rest of us though.

3 Likes

Another consideration is timing. If you want to use your new DVC points soon that won’t happen with resale. The resale process is very drawn out. From making my offer to having the points loaded in my new account - it took 67 days. Then your availability will be low for months out. However, people often have luck finding spots at SSR at less than 7 months.

2 Likes

Looking at each resorts point charts is a very good point. It seems every new resort they sell more points per unit and then require more points to book. The best point charts are found at the older resorts. OKW (the original DVC resort) has great point charts and the biggest rooms in DVC. Some don’t like that it is kind of isolated, while others see this as a big plus.

1 Like

Right now Riviera has the best incentives for current members to add points.

1 Like

Aulani and VGF

1 Like

Oh? Bc I live near and can stalk and grab?

1 Like

Yeah you aren’t coming from across the country for a week at a time or whatever either. You know if for example she wants to go during spring break for her kids she’d probably have a very hard time booking anywhere for 7 months and definitely wouldn’t get any of the premium resorts you know?

4 Likes

This may be an important consideration. Resale takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr but if you have the time and patience it can save you a ton of money. Direct? You’ll have your points in minutes. Mine were loaded into my account before we were out of the building last July.

Oh, and if you buy direct and your purchase is before the banking deadline for your use year, they usually give you this years’ points AND next year. So for me, we bought the add-on points on 7/2. My use year is December and so I was still ahead of my banking deadline of 7/31. So I got my 2020 points and my 2021 points, effectively getting double points. You can find some contracts on resale that are loaded that way too.

1 Like

Well this only makes sense, right? They can never change the number of points at a given resort; they can only change the way the points are allocated.

Which I think means that since GFV is added on it had to be proportional, right? Which is why those studios have to be the same points as deluxe studios.

A TP resort studio, weekend at GFV at the highest season is 54 points. My two resorts are 29 (BW preferred view) and 28 (CC) points for studios at that same time.I am a point miser and I always look at those high point resorts and think about how many weekend trips I could make on a one night booking. I have stayed 3 nights at BW on less points than that 1 night. Others don’t look at points the same way as I do but I just have to say something about those charts.

4 Likes

Well, I’m w/ Ptinker when it comes to looking at points and wanting value. I did look at GC at DL, 7 months out, for this coming December and saw plenty of room available and they went really fast too. I ended up not booking b/c my son in the Army can never guarantee time off… SO annoying.

2 Likes

The rep that talked to us did mention that we would get double points to start if we bought @ Riviera. I can’t remember the banking deadline at the moment though.

So for you as a first time buyer it wouldn’t matter. For me I wanted them to match my use year on my first contract so it did.

1 Like

Why are these incentives higher than what I see on the DVC website?

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/savings/

Do existing members get higher incentives?