Taking another look at DVC Ownership

Not sure why deleted.

I agree with all points

I messed up LOL

2 Likes

This is an important point. Right now the only resort I can not book as a recent resale member is Riviera. But since I own Boardwalk this did not matter to me. The other new resort coming is VDH. Villas at Disneyland Hotel. Since that resort has DVC currently it will certainly be considered a new resort so I won’t be able to stay there. I would bet money VDH will also have resale restrictions, but probably wont affect sales given the unique nature of the location.

The new build after that is the tower at the Poly. The big question is will they add this to the current Poly associaiton or create a new “resort” with resale restrictions.

2 Likes

I used this field guide to help me learn all things DVC. Super comprehensive and it costs like $13 for the pdf. Lots of good info free on the site as well. The detail on all the resorts in one place is really nice.
An In-depth guide to Disney Vacation Club Membership — DVC Field Guide

1 Like

We own at GF (mostly resale) and we’re mildly concerned about this with the glut of resort studios. To date we’ve never had a problem at 11 months, and usually been fine at 7 when I shuffle. I’ve always been happy that our preferred format (1-bed) is the least popular.

I’m sure it will affect availability to our detriment but I’m really not sure how much. Value for points 1-bedroom really isn’t very good, since you can fit the same number of people in a studio. Smarter people than I take that into account. I just want the laundry and a door between me and my teeth grinding kids.

3 Likes

Another reason BWV was so attractive. The only way to get those sweet low point Standard View rooms is at the 11 month booking window

3 Likes

Sorry for any confussion. Disney had points to sell at $230 for BWV when I was looking. I even talked to a Guide and asked him some questions. There was just no way I would pay Disney $230 when I could get it way cheaper on resale. But that’s just me. I don’t have FOMO. I have FOMC - Fear of Missing Cash. :grinning:

5 Likes

Nope that is a valid choice. I never would have bought direct on OKW contract #2 if the gap hadn’t been so narrow then (given direct is a 2057 vs 2042 contract). With a wider gap I was 100% a resale gal.

1 Like

Buying your first contract resale and then adding on direct is really smart. Current members get better incentives to add on over new owners.

2 Likes

I was trying to come up with “the original 14”? I must be missing something. I counted AKL, BCV, BLT, BR, BWV, CC, OKW, Poly, SSR, VGC, Hilton Head, Vero Beach? Are these all part of the original? What am I missing?

AKL is actually two…Kidani and Jambo. And then also Grand Floridian Villas…

1 Like

AKL isn’t divided up for this purpose. You’re missing Aulani @poohfanclub (and the GFV)

1 Like

Really? I always thought it was!

It is for booking purposes. You’re right there. But it’s considered all one resort. You own at AKL and you can book either side at 11 mos

Your contract will specify whether they are a Jambo or Kidani points though.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that all AKL contracts are Kidani contracts.
Does anyone own AKL Jambo?

2 Likes

I don’t have any AKL points so I can’t say.

1 Like

I bought AKL resale last year and remember reeding this somewhere, but do not remember the source unfortunately.

1 Like

Hmm, I thought Aulani was one of the new resorts. So, there were already DVC Villas at GF before these latest ones were opened?

“Effective January 19, 2019, Disney Vacation Club® Members who do not acquire their real estate interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. will not be able to make Vacation Point reservations at some or all non-Home Resorts.”

This is a quote from one of the point charts on the DVC website (italics added by me). So, if I were to purchase points (say, at BLT) resale, what is your understanding about where I could and could not book right now (other than Riviera)?
I’m sorry if I can’t seem to wrap my mind around the restrictions!

Aulani already existed when the restrictions were put in place

1 Like