Take That, Covid: Ten Days of Top Ten Vacation Moments with OBNurse and Fam

I wonder if there is an opening time at DS-westside entrance to work w/ security checks?

2 Likes

I keep meaning to come back to this. Thanks for the reminder. These are really fabulous! I really did not expect them to be near as comfortable as they are but I’ve been wearing them almost exclusively since we bought them a couple days ago now. They are soft and spongy, I guess you’d say on the feet, They are far more flexible than they would appear to be, and they don’t rub the way that I have experienced my crocs doing so as to cause blistering.

15 Likes

As far as tipping, we attempted to tip them but they declined politely.

3 Likes

That is very likely the case. I can’t think of any other reason why they would otherwise restrict access

2 Likes

They are really cute! Did you get them at DS?

1 Like

No we bought them urgently at Animal Kingdom in the discovery Island store

3 Likes

I want natives so bad but my Hobbit/Fred Flintstone feet probably won’t fit into even the men’s.

6 Likes

Mickey has attached himself to my leg.

Also, I’ll take time to remark on the bug situation here this visit. I forget who mentioned it, but we have noticed a significantly higher number of mosquitoes and related biting insects during this trip. We’ve been here loads of times before with minimal if any bites. But I got eaten alive the other night at Epcot. As you can see in this picture I got a pretty nice bite on my lower leg (to the left of Mickey) and it has been ridiculously itchy for days. All my fellow medical people out there: yes I’m keeping an eye on it and although there’s a pretty good area of redness around the bite site itself it’s not warm or firm and no drainage or pain, so I’m not concerned about infection at this point. Nursing assessment completed TID :wink: And I’m also trying really hard not to scratch it because I know that doesn’t help

7 Likes

I have wide feet too and am thinking they would not work for me either :frowning:

1 Like

I guess I don’t know much about hobbit feet, but they had some pretty large ones on the shelf, I think up to a men’s size 12 what is the largest that we saw. Check them out when you’re here next. You might be surprised!

1 Like

I’m a EEEE width in New Balance, so I’m pretty damn sure lol.
I can wear Crocs, but:
They’re ugly as sin
I have some balance issues from a medical condition, and the last time I wore them I slipped twice.

1 Like

Tiny but wide.
Women’s size 7 EEEE

3 Likes

ya’ not a fan of crocs either… you win the wide foot competition, I’m only a D and have been since early childhood :wink:

2 Likes

Wow!!! Very pretty walk!!! I’m a country gal who lives in the boonies, and I frequently take pictures of bugs on wildflowers on my weekend walks. I bet that trail has some spectacular bugs!

3 Likes

I didn’t know you could walk from OKW!

4 Likes

I saw some large birds, some hummingbirds (probably where they harvest them from to make the cake) and some snakes

11 Likes

Joining the “wish I could try those Natives club” – my feet swell up like Japanese personal-size watermelons if I don’t wear sturdy compression socks/stockings, so I don’t think I’ll be able to try them, either. :frowning: They do look so cute and useful in rain, though!!!

4 Likes

The path was closed after Saratoga springs through the pandemic. And now it appears that it’s open but only after 3 PM to enter into Disney Springs. It has always been there but also it is closed from dusk to dawn and I can see why because it would be super dark as there is no lighting on most of the path.

4 Likes

Drink tons and tons of water. I have found that has made a huge difference for me as I usually start to puff up by the end of my trips. But the last two trips I’ve made I’ve been sure to drink at least 2 L of water a day. And yes I mean water: not juice or soda or coffee or booze drinks. And although that has had me sampling all of the restrooms throughout all of Walt Disney World resort, it is also kept my ankles looking like ankles

11 Likes

yes @Olafsdad did a bunch of those walks and recorded them :smiley:

3 Likes