Take That, Covid: Ten Days of Top Ten Vacation Moments with OBNurse and Fam

7 Likes

:joy::joy: oh my gosh. So funny.

1 Like

Ha! After five or so days of reading, I finally make it to the bottom of the thread! Far too late to respond to 99% of the earlier posts. What a ride!

But apparently I missed it - what was the “breakfast spot”? I knew Nomad (not completely clueless!) and learned about MKSacredSpaces (thank you!) but that reference isn’t ringing any bells.

2 Likes

Five days of reading! Wow! What a commitment :smiley: Thanks for “following along”-ish!

The Breakfast Spot is in the Asia section of the park, directly across from where the bird show is and right beside Mr. Kamal’s. It wasn’t my idea - as you may have seen I was directed there and so happy that I was! I’ll be using it again in the future!

4 Likes

I do remember that story but not the breakfast part. Thanks!

1 Like

Or, perhaps, just a cause for commitment :sunglasses:

3 Likes

time for your daily reminder: nobody likes you.

3 Likes

Duly noted. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:wink: (this is a complete sentence)

3 Likes

Our lightsaber recently began calling to us. A low hum was coming from it a couple of times a day.

I thought maybe I was having a Rey moment, and the Force was beckoning, asking me to take on a new mission. I held out my hand and tried to get it to fly to me but nothing happened.

A little research and we have learned that the saber should not be stored with the blade attached as it is still somewhat activated. It still powers up but we will need to get a new battery/batteries for it. Meanwhile we have purchased a hilt stand so as to display it without draining the battery.

Oh well. It could still happen someday.

7 Likes

I am so glad you said this because I have heard that sound in my closet and assumed it was the lightsaber, but wasn’t sure if it was something else (like maybe the closet rod resonating from hangers squeaking along it, or maybe something else I have stored in a box in there). I will go take the blade out and display the lightsaber somewhere.

2 Likes

This was the goal of my sharing, that others may know and learn from my mistake.

1 Like

I am highly disappointed to learn that you weren’t being called to serve the Force.

6 Likes

Why not both? :man_shrugging: :wink:

2 Likes

Dear @hmbhmbhmb

I’m not sure what brought you to my trip thread today, but I wanted to thank you for being here and hearting this post.

I was having a bit of a moment at work and your liking this post made me stop and read it and remember what fun my family and I had last summer. And it made me smile. :slightly_smiling_face:

So thank you!

11 Likes

Awww!! I have been slowly reading this thread since it began and finally, finally caught up! It was a joy to read and I adore your family even though I’ve never met any of you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: this sounded like such a great trip and also reminded me of the simpler time that this summer was… I love your trip reports and I hope you always get to take us along :heart:

8 Likes

:::blush:::

7 Likes

[Clears throat loudly, projecting voice across space and time]

That’s what she said.

15 Likes

It took you long enough!

9 Likes

TWSS!

(And sorry. :wink:)

9 Likes