Take That, Covid: Ten Days of Top Ten Vacation Moments with OBNurse and Fam

It’s diagonally across from Sleepy Hollow (on the right) and Hall of Presidents (to the left). It’s a little gated terrace (gate is open) with a white wrought-iron table and four chairs as well as a sleigh

6 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Future Trips: You knew there would be more!!

November 18-22: DisneyLAND!
January 7-10: WDW Marathon weekend… and, providing I can get a bib, marathon included :flushed:
April 22-May 1, 2022: WDW; currently booked at OKW but may mix it up and do a split stay once 7mos opens (sept)
Mid Sept 2022 (dates TBA): WDW, not yet booked, holding for more information

21 Likes

You will be there to celebrate Mickey’s birthday on the 18th!

4 Likes

Woah! That’s exciting that you are committing to the marathon! I was considering it but am not sure of training in NE over winter. I’ve trained for the Princess half but if needed I could do some of those long runs on a treadmill. I just don’t know if I can mentally take more than 10 miles on a treadmill though. How will you handle the long runs if it’s cold?

3 Likes

Thanks again for taking us along on your trip. It was wicked fun!
It took dedication to keep up with this thread! If I could have gotten some of my rankings in before the official results came out, they would have been…
5. TWSS, I laughed out loud every time :rofl:
4. Family pointing at Jafar, I do see it!
3. Tree of Life photo shoot, this was genius! So glad that the weather gods cooperated
2. Fireworks at CG, I want to do this sometime!

1. Your son thanking you, doesn’t that just say it all!
8 Likes

I run in the cold quite a bit. But if it’s frigid then treadmill it is!!

2 Likes

I run in the cold a lot too but wasn’t sure how it would feel if I were doing an 18 or 20 mile training run. I’ve done a marathon once but trained for it during the summer. I guess if it was really cold I could put a couple movies on to do a super long run on the treadmill

2 Likes

Huh. Well. I’m tempted to fly down and stalk you at Disneyland! Of course you’ll be there just days after me!

4 Likes

Loved the final top 10 list! A few years ago I started renting a car at Disney (I unfortunately had multiple protein spills on buses…not me, but others spilling on my shoes…not something I can handle anymore).
But once I rented a car and saw how easy it was to get around and go off property for Giordano’s pizza, I can never go without a rental again.

Those who are hesitant to rent a car, know that the Disney road signs make getting around super easy. You just need to know which park area your resort is in.
Also here is a road map of Disney that should help understand where hotels are located.

6 Likes

I will never forget the night this little girl was on her mom’s lap next to me. Bus was packed, and I could not move. And the little girl - maybe like 3 - starts dry heaving. I was in the direct line of fire and SO terrified she was going to lose her dinner on me. As soon as some people got off at a stop I moved the heck away from her! It’s a real and scary thing!

3 Likes

It is something I heard about here (or maybe on the DVC fan Facebook). I do not know exactly what it is, but me and my daughter 1) love everything apple cider 2)make our own sorbet so we HAVE to try it. I will report back. Hopefully with pictures.

1 Like

So jealous and so excited for you! I love Disneyland so much.

2 Likes

I love having a car. The only downside is cost.

3 Likes

What a coincidence. I was just browsing websites about Disneyland, thinking of a trip on the exact same week (my birthday is on 11/21)

3 Likes

Might I steal you for Tattoo or two on one of those trips, providing that you have a few minutes to spare?

Ha! This is my DH’s favorite reason to have a car as well. That and an obligatory stop at Wawa on the way to the airport.

1 Like

I live in the land of 'Wa so we never feel like we must visit in when in Florida …but I am glad that it is there if we need to! :sunglasses:

The closest WaWa is just over a mile away and on the way to the PA Turnpike which is the beginning of all major trips!

1 Like

My Chicago born DH went to grad school in Jersey. Where he effectively lived off of Wawa throughout his term there.

We met in Vegas where there were neither Giordano’s or Wawa, so anything we went back East, we always had to stop at which ever was closest. The biggest bummer being that we had lived in FL 5 years before they put either in, and both were there within a year of us moving back to Vegas. :rofl::rofl:

I had heard the quality of Wawa has gone downhill. But at least(?) we still have Giordano’s.

Overall I don’t think the quality went “downhill.” They did change the menu a few years back to make it more consistent across all the stores. Our biggest issue w/ that was taking away our favorite hot side, Macaroni Beef. :unamused:

We are huge fans. Every major or minor trip starts there. I am quite partial to the Wawa brand Half and Half (iced tea/lemonade). :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:
I thought you meant you put Half and Half (dairy) in your iced tea and lemonade. Then I realized you were talking about a good old Arnold Palmer. :grin: (I hope)

3 Likes