Take 4–Dreamer and son attempt Universal and Disney (and a trip report)

I’m not scary?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It was!!

Thanks!

Oh, not so much. :rofl:

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

We relaxed in the room for a bit. I ate more of the carrot cake cookie. It would have been a perfect time for me to park hop over to MK. Sadly not possible. I really hope that returns.

5 Likes

We did one last morning at USF and IOA and were out the door of Hagrids by 8:12am. We were 2nd in line at turnstiles because I let my boys sleep in late and it’s the boys who take forever to get ready! We did Hulk by 8:40am and walked over to USF and finished what I couldn’t get done last weekend because of crowds while repeating Mummy and RRR of course. Hubby met us for lunch at The Kitchen which shortened our walk at the end of our half day and they comp parking so no Citywalk parking fee or bus ride! We ended it well after we learned some things. I was able to very easily get a virtual line for Hagrids this time too so it must have been their system last weekend but we didn’t use it because we would have been late to lunch. Enjoy the rest of your stay! We’re driving on our way to NOLA and I’m hoping to make a late dinner there if I can handle being up that long! (5:15am Eastern).
AND I beat my daughter on MIB which is a literal first (I let her win when she was tiny) and we got the galactic defender together. It was a good day! Ha ha ha

4 Likes

That sounds like an awesome day. Glad you got to ride Hagrids.

This evening we headed to DS for dinner at Paddlefish and a fabulous liner meet with @Shanneepantslovesdisney (and hubby), @Wahoohokie and @JustKeepSmiling. Such a fun evening.

DS really wanted to go to the LEGO store. I was hoping there wouldn’t be a line still at 9 but there was. We waited and he found some LEGO sets. We briefly went to the Co-op to buy the dogs some clothes. We wanted to go to World of Disney, but the line was crazy and it had started to rain. So we’re headed back to BLT. We took a bus here because @Wahoohokie so wisely warned us about parking. The lines to get in to park were insane because the lots were at capacity. I need to finish packing since tomorrow we have to fly home in the morning. :cry:

19 Likes

:frowning:

2 Likes

It was a wonderful evening spent with you and Robert and @JustKeepSmiling and @Wahoohokie!

8 Likes

It is so weird to me that it can be raining in one part of WDW and not in another. DS is not that far from us over here at WBC but it didn’t rain here.

Sounds like you had a great trip!

2 Likes

I know. It is sad. I think DS is worn out. He said he wants to take a break from Disney. :astonished: I asked him for how long. He said next summer. :joy:

4 Likes

It really was!! Have a fabulous trip.

2 Likes

That is weird. It was a steady drizzle so not awful. But I didn’t feel like standing in it while waiting in line.
I do remember last weekend seeing people post pictures of downpours in Disney and over at Universal there wasn’t a drop of rain.

1 Like

Thoughts on Day 8–We had a pretty relaxing day at AK. We didn’t do many rides but instead enjoyed the beauty of the park. It was the best weather day we had all trip.
DS is crazy on the weekends. The parking lots were at capacity. Going on a weekday would hopefully be better.

Steps—17,579
Miles—8.5

5 Likes

Fabulous pic of you lovely ladies!

2 Likes

Thank you! It was a lovely evening.

3 Likes

Day 9–Departure day. :cry:
One more view from our room.

We had an early ADR at Chef Mickeys before heading to the airport.

Our ADR was at 7:30. We checked in at 7:10 and were seated within 2 minutes. I like the family style dining. But no characters yet. We were in our car by 8:00. I noticed that people were already through the security screening on the walk way to MK.
The sunrise over Bay Lake.

Now we are sadly sitting at our gate about to board the plane home. DS is back to school tomorrow and I’ll be back at work.
Thoughts on the whole trip once I’m home.

26 Likes

Awww. Thanks for taking us along

2 Likes