Take 4–Dreamer and son attempt Universal and Disney (and a trip report)

We rode MIB twice. I don’t know why I thought I could beat him.

18 Likes

And finally Diagon Alley.

25 Likes

Same here! I’ve never been to Universal and really wanted to go this summer but my kids said no :frowning:

Matty would love that car! He’d consider that an attraction!!

Love your pictures! You’re off to a great start. Have fun!!

5 Likes

After visiting Disney in July they all realized that it would have been fine to have gone to Universal too. Really wish we had because it is crowded now and I doubt it was like this in July.

8 Likes

From my time with the 2 of you last October he is a complete, total, sweetheart

9 Likes

Thank you!!:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I love the Kitchen and HRH. Have fun!

4 Likes

Thanks. We had a good lunch but I was a bit jealous of his burger especially compared to my salad.

4 Likes

After casting some spells and exploring Diagon Alley, we got in line for the Hogwarts Express. We waited 45 minutes even with EP. I will say that having a train car to ourselves was great.

17 Likes

We then had dinner at Three Broomsticks. Ordering there was a complete mess. It took 30 minutes to get our food even though we were seated immediately. Ugh. But Robert got his butterbeer.

19 Likes

After failing dozens of times today to grab a VLP for Hagrids, we finally landed one for 7:40. We waited an hour and it was worth every minute of the wait. Wow. Just wow. It’s so amazing that my teenager is willing to wake up early to get in line again.

I love his hair after the ride. :joy:

23 Likes

After Hagrids we managed to do FJ before the park closed. I love Hogwarts at night.

25 Likes

Thoughts on day 1. It was hot. We were in Disney in July and today felt similar. It was crowded. Both parks closed to capacity and you could tell. I was pleasantly surprised at mask compliance. It was great. Social distancing was not. It really wasn’t possible to social distance while walking in the park because the crowds were high. And while in lines it seemed people didn’t understand the markers. :roll_eyes:
Mobile ordering was a disaster at Three Broomsticks. I’m hoping that was a fluke. Overall it was still a great day.

Steps—10,698
Miles—10.4

19 Likes

Great pictures! Thanks so much for letting us tag along on your trip!

Hogwarts at night…I could spend hours just staring at it. <3

4 Likes

Agree. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

So glad you guys are having a wonderful time!!! And a Camaro too!!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks. We are!

2 Likes

Day 2–Despite saying he wanted to do early entry for Hagrids, DS was not excited to get up. At 7:15 I finally convinced him. We made it to IOA just before they opened the lines at 7:45.

24 Likes

oh wow, that’s looking pretty crowded already for first thing.

3 Likes

It was but we were on Hagrids in 30 minutes which was better than last night with our VLP which took 60.

7 Likes