T-Shirt Ideas

Not being fluent in HP or Universal, I’m curious why this would be specific to that? Because I like it for WDW I think too. We heard people a number of times last week talking about getting a map, referring to a map, etc - and we would say “I am the map”

2 Likes

That I love as well! In the HP movies there is a secret map of the castle that shows where all the people are. When a wizard doesn’t want someone else to see the map they say “mischief managed” and the ink disappears, making it look like plain parchment.

4 Likes

Ah that is cute

1 Like

sounds like a new movie series watching Fandom mission for you could be intriguing :grin:

Nope. I have discussed HP as something I have attempted a goodly number of times and desperately want to like, but cannot.

Sorry!

1 Like

It’s a play on mischief managed, which is a quote from HP.

2 Likes

So I hear!

Oh yeah. Good point.

But I’ve put a picture in, so I win.

5 Likes

I like your idea except that @Randall1028’s work shouldn’t be given away. If he would be able to get a cut, sure, but not given away to TP no matter how much we like it here.

2 Likes

Yes which is why I discussed it with him first.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, did you get beyond the first or second movie? Because the first two movies (and books) were targeting a pretween audience. From the third movie and beyond, the whole feel and stories became gradually more mature because her readership was becoming older.

I just wonder if your opinion might change if you made it through the third movie, which has a whole different feel.

Not trying to push, but just wondering if you might try HP and The Prisoner of Azkaban before making final judgment on the whole series.

2 Likes

Is this about HP?

I never made it through the first book or movie, either. And I tried HARD. The first movie came out during our honeymoon. My (brand new) husband was already a big fan. I desperately wanted to join him. I tried and tried and tried.

And it’s just not my thing.

2 Likes

I just mean…I get it for the first two movies. The feel is very young. They are arguably the worst of the series. Number three gives a better determiner, IMO.

Right.

Not my thing.

Sorry.

It’s not like SW where I proclaimed dislike for it without ever really trying.

How about an image of The Tree with “hello gorgeous” under it? I don’t know what the licensing issues would be with the tree, or if it could be made into a pencil style drawing?

4 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Me likey!

1 Like

Love the idea in general (even could duplicate it for the other parks…except maybe HS). Any thoughts on how to make it TP-Centric?

Would it require anything more than putting the logo somewhere?

RadioHarambe does that with their shirts. The image is really the feature, but their web address is on, typically, the lower left edge of the image.

That’s a tough one to answer.

My initial feeling is “yes” because otherwise we can take anything, even personal photos, and throw it up there and just stamp a TP-Logo on it. The “message” of the shirt should convey, on some level, the benefit of TP.

On the other hand, anything that has a TP logo is advertising, which is, ultimately, the end game here. And it’s not like people are looking to be or gonna be swayed into buying a subscription alone based on a t-shirt they saw in the parks.

Heck, the lack of “market speak” might even be a benefit.

TL;DR: aw hell, I dunno! :laughing:

How about putting something more “TP-centric” on the back

“I wait less in lines with touringplans.com

or

“Less time in lines - more Tree Of Life time
touringplans.com

Or something to that effect.

2 Likes