Swan and Dolphin added to both Morning and Evening EXTRA Hours?

4 Likes

Just read this too. I had just switched over to POFQ for our short trip in November. I have never stayed at POFQ but have heard so many good things about it. I am not going to switch back.

9 Likes

I am wondering about a price increase to Swan/Dolphin.

3 Likes

Its another perk that they could justify a price increase for.

3 Likes

I just looked for some mid October dates- $900-$1000 a night at Swan and Dolphin. We are paying $1500 total for 6 nights at the Dolphin in a few weeks, including resort fees!

7 Likes

POFQ seems to be a great resort, don’t switch back. I will be looking forward to your trip report! :wink:

3 Likes

That is crazy, I think we were about $350 a night for the first week in November.

2 Likes

I’m guessing guests were calling / writing in to complain? Or maybe it just took this long for them to negotiate? In any case, I think it is always a good idea to let your voice be heard, whether with words or your wallet, to let companies know what products, services, benefits, features, etc. are important to you.

Good news for those with existing reservations.

2 Likes

I personally think that Marriott was trying to call Disneys bluff on the negotiating to see how many perks Disney would claw back. When the early entry list was released and they weren’t on it, they folded. The concession they made was to stop charging rock bottom prices and drawing deluxe guests from Disney.

Basically, “You want Deluxe Perks? Charge Deluxe prices.”

8 Likes

Yep. Everything Sherrie just said. Not sure if it was about them upping their base room price or upping the overall package offerings, but that would 100% be my guess.

Also, keep in mind you can use Marriott points to book Swan and Dolphin. This (like Early Access for Hilton partner hotels) is primarily a concession to draw big-deal business travelers.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking.

2 Likes

Same here! I cancelled my Dolphin reservation, $400 per night all in for early December, for the Dolphin? And that was the cheapest room available. Plus I’d have to pay for airport transfers. We will be at POFQ unless a decent deal comes up for a Disney deluxe.

2 Likes

I do see some $375-$400 in November which seems better. October is just insane, both with Disney deluxe prices and Swan/Dolphin.

3 Likes

All because of the 50th I am sure.

3 Likes

Yes, and I realized I was looking at the week of Columbus/Indigenous People’s day so that would make it higher as well. I checked late January, $300 a night at dolphin for cheapest room. Not too bad, I guess. But with the announcement today, will their prices start going up? Book now while you can (pulling out calendar…). :rofl:

5 Likes

Good thing I booked early and are using points for one night, Those prices will break my budget!

3 Likes

I hope you love it. Last visit we started each morning with coffee and beignets sitting outside. Ok MiL and DH got there earlier than me 0600 hrs :crazy_face:. We love the size of it too

2 Likes

Do we think this would include the (awfully named) Swan Reserve too? Have reservations in Dec :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

It does, according to an article I read earlier.

Both benefits will be available to guests of the hotel’s newest addition, the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve, opening later this summer.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-swan/news/16jul2021-guests-of-walt-disney-world-swan-and-dolphin---including-the-new-walt-disney-world-swan-reserve-will-be-able-to-participate-in-early-and-extended-theme-park-entry.htm

4 Likes

Finally added to the WDW site

4 Likes