SW JUST cancelled my flight to Orlando - that leaves at 6:15am TOMORROW

Update! I made it John Wayne arirport (Orange County)! Unfortunately, my flight to Denver has been delayed twice so I’m going to miss my original flight from Denver to Orlando (that flight was also delayed but not as much). So NOW I have a 3 hour layover in Denver (if there aren’t any further delatys wirh my flight to Denver) and I’m supposed to get in to Orlando at 10:40 now.

Should I contact the hotel or MDE to let them know my flights have changed?

5 Likes

I might contact the hotel. I wouldn’t worry too much about the MDE

what a frickin fiasco

4 Likes

I would chat on the WDW app to see what they say.

1 Like

That’s terrible! Fingers crossed for no more delays.

1 Like

I am so sorry @socalgaljmg_745911! It seems like SW is trying to make this harder every day!

Question for you: did SW change your original flight after booking or was the cancellation the first change ?

1 Like

I think that after all of this kerfuffle, you should just live in Orlando. It’s taking so much for you to get there, probably you should never leave :slight_smile: I hope the rest of your journey is as painless as possible. And that the airlines compensate you greatly for the inconvenience they’ve caused. Are you traveling alone or is this a family trip?

7 Likes

I have flown all the major carriers and a lot of smaller ones over the years. Now, I fly JetBlue exclusively unless absolutely impossible. I have flown into an airport and rented a car and driven 3 hours because I wont fly Southwest… EVER again. Sorry for all that trouble, hope you have a great vacation despite SW.

1 Like

geeze! I’m so sorry.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll call the hotel when I get to Denver since I’ll have so much free time! :roll_eyes::joy:

This is just a sample of the Southwest delays at John Wayne Airport. Oh, and my flight is supposed to start boarding in 25 minutes and isn’t even at the gate yet. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

The plane is at the gate! Things are looking up! :joy:

10 Likes

Up is the right direction for a departing flight! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s to a smooth trip from here on out!

5 Likes

Ah! I always forget about that! I’ll give that a try once I get to Denver. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well, now I’m flying out of John Wayne Airport. I was originally flying out of Ontario, CA until they cancelled my flight yesterday.

Things are looking up. We are just starting to board!

6 Likes

I am on the plane to Denver!

16 Likes

Serious question alert.
About SW flight snafus and @socalgaljmg_745911’s current hot mess and contacting Congresspersons and Senators, because Transportation.

Perhaps also contact the State Attorney General?

Here in Missouri I’ve gotten consumer relief in the past from the Attorney General’s office. They’ve been awesome, actually. At least in Missouri, smaller bureaucracy.

2 Likes

DH is supposed to be on a SW flight out of ONT today for work. So far, his flight is 1.5 hours delayed. Looking at the flight aware, that specific plane has been delayed everywhere it’s flown/ is flying today:
BWI --> DET --> DEN --> LAS --> ONT --> DAL --> ATL.

I think that’s part of the issue. A lot of airlines have each single plane & its dedicated crew do a set route - back and forth, or maybe on a three city triangle or whatever, usually through one of their hubs. (So, for example, the same plane & crew flies between DFW -->ORD–>DET–>ORD–>DFW in a day…and they do this same route every day. That plane & that crew start and end at the same hub every day.)

But Southwest doesn’t do hubs. They just shuffle planes, pilots, and crews through whatever cities they happen to land in, in a crazy convoluted mess of one-ways.

2 Likes

I have arrived in Denver and am now eating lunch so I won’t be hangry by the time I get to AsMo since the food court will now be closed when I get there. (I did purposefully pack snacks in the event of being stranded somewhere so I do have snacks to tide me over until morning if necessary). So far the flight is on time.

8 Likes

I decided to take your advice. Fuck it, it’s been a shitty year and a half and I’ve earned it.

11 Likes

Good for you.

1 Like

I’ve made it onto the plane to Orlando! Hopefully my luggage also made it! :joy:

12 Likes