SW JUST cancelled my flight to Orlando - that leaves at 6:15am TOMORROW

The agent said it was refunded. This is the wording from SW about Early Bird when SW cancels a flight.

2 Likes

Keep an eye on that!

1 Like

:joy: Yeah, I’m ok with not having it. I jumped on the check in right at 24 hours so I got in the B group.

3 Likes

so your flight was to leave today, right? A Friday?

Mine is also on friday and they are already are screwing with my flight that is a while away yet. (I went from a nice non-stop with a 6:30AM leave to a later leave and 2 hour layover in atlanta.:cry: I’m not going to get to the parks before 2-3PM )

So my question is that is it just Friday/weekday flights that are susceptible to SW being jerks or are weekend flights just as squirrely right now?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s every damn day.

My June flight was originally scheduled as a nice 7am nonstop on a Monday. Which they swapped out for a crazy early departure but with a long stop in BWI on the way down, making us leave stupid early to get there 2hrs later.

We opted to change our flight to Sunday evening instead; that one stuck.

I think they just have NFI what they are doing anymore and are just selling their old schedules without a hairsbreath of a possibility of carrying them out.

Good luck!

7 Likes

I agree. And they have been AGGRESSIVELY emailing me with offers for flights to Orlando and point purchase bonuses as well as credit card offers.
But I’m not biting until they get their shit together.

3 Likes

Oh my god the daily emails are OUT OF CONTROL right now. Like you I’m all FTN

Not that they are immune but my next two trips are on Jet Blue out of BOS which is way further for me than MHT

4 Likes

But that story kinda plays into “weekdays are the volatile days” doesn’t it? Your sunday one was fine.

I’m also just kinda wondering if I should change my flight to the later 12:30 nonstop. I still get to the parks late, but at least I’m not spending my day in airports…

OR would the whole thing be a waste of time and they’ll adjust the flight again and i’m back to an even later arrival at the parks.

2 Likes

Yes, my flight is scheduled for today (don’t want to jinx it! :joy:).

Unfortunately, it seems to be an anytime thing, not just weekdays or whatever. Anybody planning on taking SW should plan on building some flexibility into any plans if possible.

4 Likes

My next flight is on American, who has also had some problems. But nothing like SW. American keeps trying to upsell me to FC, and the price keeps going down on how much it will cost. If it gets low enough, I might take them up on that, bc I’m certainly never flying first with the fam. Last offer was $200/rt. They get under $180, I’m in, lol.

4 Likes

I guess I was focusing on the Friday piece.

The nonstops have been disappearing but I think the midday ones have been sticking.

It shouldn’t be a gamble. That’s what makes me so angry by now. They offer an item, you buy the item… and then they deliver something totally else without regard for how those changes might impact your entire itinerary. For instance, my return flight got screwed and I had to work out what to do about my car rental – and ended up paying a bit (not a lot) more because I made that change than if I had booked it that way to start with. It’s not fair that the consumer suffers the consequences of their piss poor management.

OK I’m getting on a rant by now…

6 Likes

That’s a deal and a half. I’d have bitten at 200 I think, but my RT cost is generally over $300 by now on SW

1 Like

THAT I fully agree with. This is public transportation. It shouldn’t be this random.

That also goes for when there’s suddenly hour+ delays after MDE has dropped you at the airport.

5 Likes

There has to be ton of people that are deciding to drive instead. For example, Dallas to Houston. 4.5 hour drive, but there used to be a flight every 30-40 minutes which made it stress-free to fly. Not so much anymore.

1 Like

Holy cow that’s bad. Good luck @socalgaljmg_745911. Where are you flying out of?

3 Likes

Just an fyi, I’ve been dealing with the same thing for some flights they cancelled on me out of SF to DAL last weekend. Agent indicated that when they rebook you to a new flight where check-in has already opened, or if they just outright cancel your flights, then EB automatically will refund. It will only transfer over if they re-book you to a new flight that HAS NOT yet opened checkin.

Also, they said the “automatic refund” could take 1-2 billing cycles, so that’s fun. Ours hasn’t come through from a week ago yet.

3 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry

I suppose it’s not an option for most of you, but Alaska Air has been pretty consistent in my experience. I fly out of Seattle, though, so can take them most anywhere.

Well, y’all convinced me. :joy: I just went ahead and made a back-up booking for my trip next month. We had enough points on AA that I could do so for free, and our SW flight is also booked on points, so I can cancel either of them without penalty as long as I do so at least 30 minutes before the flight.

Just felt like I needed a little insurance policy to get there in time, because getting there late and missing Boo Bash is NOT an option; partially bc the tix were so expensive, and partially bc if we miss riding as much as possible during BB, it’ll throw off our MK touring plan and we only have 1 full day per park.

8 Likes

It’s both. our fight down in mid-sept is on a Wed, no major changes with it so far. Our flight home on Sunday was changed from a nonstop departing at 8pm to a layover departing at 4pm. After the layover madness we had in April, we have no desire to do that again. It turns a 2.5 hour flight into a 6 hour travel ordeal. Our only other choice for a flight home was noon. So that entire last day is shot. I’m still bitter about it.

4 Likes