SW:GE Opening Day

That place can be a little rough.

2 Likes

I’m ready for anything.

2 Likes

No need to worry… this will die down by Thanksgiving week when I’m there. :smile:

1 Like

aww… combo breaker. :worried:

3 Likes

We did the opening today. Got up at 3:15, got a Lyft to DHS (staying at CBR). They had opened the parking lot by then so we had no issues getting right in and dropped off in normal lyft area. Tapped in and around 4 ish, they started walking us back. At this point we were just inside the tap style at park entrance. We were walking on and off until we were in the land around 5. I went straight for Smugglers Run (I was pilot) and waited a little less than 2 hours. But, by that time, EVERYTHING had long waits.
We finally left around 10. Headed back later tonight for droid building. Got pictures of the maps and things they were handing out, will try to add them.

7 Likes

Let us know how the droid building experience is .

Also - how was smuggler’s run? Better than FoP?

I’m not a huge star wars fan but still enjoyed it. But, if I weren’t pilot, I don’t know if I’d say the same. FOP is still better (imo) but this was really cool. The queue is also fun, I did the Disney play app with the data pad and doing different missions, that helped pass the time

5 Likes

Sorry if these aren’t the best. This is the guide map

4 Likes

Virtual queue info

1 Like

How do they determine what job everyone gets? It’s 6 seats, right?

Dance off.
tenor

12 Likes

CM gives outs color coded cards to groups of six, there are two cards for each role and tells each person what their job is. Guests have time to exchange their role cards before entering cockpit.

1 Like

My understanding is it’s the order in which you are in line; they fill from front to back and it’s the luck of the draw. I’m sure there could be some trading within a group.

3 Likes

From Twitter about three hours ago, no long lines at entrance to HS

4 Likes

giphy%20(19)

3 Likes

150 wait now down from 300… and it looks like the boarding groups move fast. which seems to bode very well for the lands capacity as a whole. RotR is the big hype ride, and will do a lot to split crowds.

2 Likes

Following in chat it seemed like a lot got in line around 2.15-30.

1 Like

There isn’t much for people to actually do there, so I bet some aren’t staying long at all.

1 Like

Just checked MDE, wait times

MF:SR 180 minutes
SDD 65 minutes
RNRC 40 minutes
TSM 30 minutes
TOT 20 minutes
Aliens SS 25 minutes

EDIT to add comparision

For comparision per TP Lines yesterday wait times

SDD 86 minutes
RNRC 92 minutes